by Phil14
Explorer

4GEE WIFI MINI INVALID SIM

I bought a 4GEE Wifi Mini with a prepaid SIM card and 24GB of data.

Sadly it doesn't work. I can log on to the device ok, but admin page says INVALID SIM. "Signal bars" icon is solid red. Tried the SIM in another device and it won't connect to EE (or any other mobile network)

Please help 😞

4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: 4GEE WIFI MINI INVALID SIM

Try removing SIM, cleaning it & then pushing it in firmly, ensuring it is the correct way round.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Phil14,

Welcome to the EE Community.

That's great advice from @XRaySpeX.

If his advice doesn't fix the issue, please get in touch with customer services so we can make sure your SIM has been activated.

Thanks

James

by Phil14
Explorer

Thanks folks. Customer Service were really helpful but couldn't find the phone number, the SIM number or the IMEI number on the database.

I suspect Argos sold me old stock so I returned it for a refund.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Phil14.

Thanks for coming back to us.

I'm glad you found the cause of the problem and got an answer.

Come back to community any time 🙂

Jon

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.