by Krelm Investigator
Investigator

4GEE 50GB Internet

Got this yesterday and noticed the SIM was in a pack saying multisim with phone number on it. In a separate leaflet it says I can either use the SIM with that number or request pac code. So what, can I use this SIM as a mobile SIM as well as for the router internet? If yes would it cost extra? I don't quite get it. Is it just a mobile SIM I can use in whatever but it's main function is for the 50gb data with the router. I've had various answers from customer service. One said I should leave it in the router. Another said I can use it in a phone but I can't call or receive calls and another just said it's designed for use with the router and nothing else.

So. Can anyone give me the definitive answer on this. Thank you in advance Smiley Happy

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: 4GEE 50GB Internet

@Krelm wrote:

So can I leave the nano SIM in the router and use the microsim in my phone at the same time?

Not physically possible! The nano SIM is the interior part of the micro SIM. They are alternatives, not 3 separate SIMs.

You may use your data in a mobile phone for any app that uses data. No rules are being broken.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number 0207 362 0200 or Freephone 0800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
5 REPLIES
by Grand Master
Grand Master

It's just a SIM! You can use a data SIM in any device you like, mobile phone or MBB router. Whatever allowance or pack it has applies to either.

When in a router, you can't make calls but can do texts which are charged at standard rates.

When in a mobile phone you can make calls & texts which are charged at standard per-unit rates.

Is it a contract or PAYG SIM?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
To phone EE: The local rate landline number 0207 362 0200 or Freephone 0800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
by Krelm Investigator
Investigator

It's a contract SIM. So can I leave the nano SIM in the router and use the microsim in my phone at the same time? I'm just thinking about the data since I could use it to make calls via Skype or messenger etc. And this is ok by EE? I'm not breaching any terms?

by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

@Krelm wrote:

So can I leave the nano SIM in the router and use the microsim in my phone at the same time?

Not physically possible! The nano SIM is the interior part of the micro SIM. They are alternatives, not 3 separate SIMs.

You may use your data in a mobile phone for any app that uses data. No rules are being broken.

by Krelm Investigator
Investigator

Ok I get it. Thanks for the help

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Thanks! You're welcome Smiley Happy! Glad I could be of assistance.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.