by yakooza2

why have I inured charges for overseas usage, when my roaming has been turned of

I took my phone to Iran for two weeks and made sure that I turned off the roaming and mobile data, yet on my return, I have been charged £12.00 for useage , even though I have not made or recieved a call.

Is this an error, or have I overlook something?

Nader

3 REPLIES 3
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: why have I inured charges for overseas usage, when my roaming has been turne

Hi, 

You must have connected to the network. Even deactivated handsets will still connect to the network, location services, apps etc. 

Best call EE on 150 tomorrow and ask for more specific information, and if they will remove the charges. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: why have I inured charges for overseas usage, when my roaming has been turne

If peeps left voicemails for you whilst you were outside EU they would be chargeable even if you never listened to them.

As long as you had Mobile Data OFF you would not have incurred any data.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @yakooza2,

Welcome to the EE Community.

What do the charges show as on your bill?

Thanks

James

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.