by beachguide Investigator
Investigator

why are calls & text from UAE being blocked

Calls & texts from the UAE are not reaching me: are they being blocked for some reason. Does anyone know why?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
EE Employee
Solution

Re: why are calls

Morning @beachguide

I would get your daughter to speak to the local network she's using.

Is she using a local network SIM card?

Thanks - Karen. Smiley Happy

8 REPLIES 8
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Re: why are calls & text from UAE being blocked

Hello @beachguide has roaming been enabled on your account? You can check by logging in to MY EE online and navigating to MY EE>Manage device:

https://id.ee.co.uk/id/login

Here is a link containing more information on setting up and using your phone abroad:

http://ee.co.uk/help/add-ons-benefits-and-plans/call-or-going-abroad/roaming-using-your-phone-abroad

🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Where are you? In the UK or the UAE? If you are in the UK, you are not roaming & calls & texts from UAE should be reaching you for free/

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Employee

Hi @beachguide and welcome to the community.

So I can try to assist, please may I know if you are roaming or currently in the UK?

Many thanks,

Lee

Investigator

My duaghter has been trying to text me on EE in the UK from her local UAE network. She has also tried texting a friend on the O2 network and neither messages have been received.
beachguide
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @beachguide if it is the same for other networks as well as EE then this suggests it is a fault with the UAE network not your EE device or account. What device does she have? Has she changed the number to the international format +447123 456789 or 00447123 456789? 🙂

by
EE Employee
Solution

Morning @beachguide

I would get your daughter to speak to the local network she's using.

Is she using a local network SIM card?

Investigator

Dear Karen.

She has contacted her local network and was told there was no
problem(?), however, a recent message to me took 24 hours to arrive!!

regards.

beachguide
by
EE Employee

Hi @beachguide

If it happens when she texts all networks it would point to being an issue with the local network

What happens when she tries to call you?

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.