by Beyondme Investigator
Investigator

which provider offers data in Almeria province, Spain, and how do I switch to it

Which provider offers data in Almeria province, Spain, and how do I switch to it, because EE uses Orange there which does not offer data.

10 REPLIES 10
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: which provider offers data in Almeria province, Spain, and how do I switch t

by Beyondme Investigator
Investigator

Re: which provider offers data in Almeria province, Spain, and how do I switch t

HTC 510

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Beyondme  Do you have a signal showing on the device? 

by Beyondme Investigator
Investigator

I should explain. I'm not there now, but I was in October and have been referred by EE customer services to the forum. I'm not sure if did have a signal showing. I could make calls and send texts, however. I made sure automatic network registration was turned on, and the device showed that Vodaphone was available in the area but not to my device. I hope all this info helps...

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Beyondme.

Are you going back any time soon? 🙂

I used Orange when I went to Spain and the data worked on 4G, was data roaming turned on in settings on the phone?

Jon

by Beyondme Investigator
Investigator

Not in the foreseeable. But yes, data roaming was switched on - when I tried to use network data, my screen simply said "disconnected because service is unavailable". And local people told me that only Vodaphone worked there, but I was not able to switch to it - when I tried to, the screen told me that I couldn't.

by Beyondme Investigator
Investigator

I should add that that was why I wrote a letter of complaint to EE, and it was their reply that led me to consult theis forum...

by

Thanks @Beyondme.

We wouldn't be able to go through any troubleshooting steps with you while you're back in the UK.

EE will have a roaming agreement with some networks in Spain, but certain networks won't be compatible with your SIM.

Were there any other EE users with you?

Jon

by Beyondme Investigator
Investigator

No, why?

by

Hi @Beyondme

To see if they could use data on the same network when in Spain.

Did you get an error message when you tried to use data?

If you go into Settings > Mobile Data > Roaming, do you have data roaming turned on?

Leanne.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.