by nz Investigator
Investigator

want to add a zone b data package whilst I'm abroad- will I be charged data roam

I am being asked to turn Data roaming on BEFORE I buy the package. Does this mean I'll be charged?

19 REPLIES 19
by nz Investigator
Investigator

Re: want to add a zone b data package whilst I'm abroad- will I be charged data

I'm in Argentina.
Thanks for answering!

I telephoned EE earlier and the package i used in September for 7 days data
at £20 I'm being told is not available. But i can see it on the website.

However i am unable to purchase anything from my phone. Even with roaming
on.
Any suggestions?
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@nz: No, you are not charged for the action of buying the add-on. You just need to on the Net to do so.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @nz.

Welcome to the community 🙂

What country are you currently in?

Great advice from @XRaySpeX, tuning on data roaming will give you access to data but you won't be charged at this point.

You'll only be charged once you've bought the add-on and you've started using it.

Jon

by nz Investigator
Investigator

Thanks @Jon_K.
Would you know why I am unable to purchase this package Zone B- £20 for 7 days, available on the website (screen shot attached).
I bought it Last september but the EE lady on the phone said it is not available.

Is there a way of having EE email me or call me free of charge.

This is getting complicated! I just need to add some data not at £5 a day which is ridicoulusly expensive. Screen Shot 2019-03-12 at 09.44.30.png

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Sorry, where do you see that under Argentina ? I only see

Capture.JPGArgentina

What does http://add-on.ee.co.uk/purchase when not connected to WiFi offer you?

You may buy the TDP for £6 / day.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by nz Investigator
Investigator

Screen Shot 2019-03-12 at 09.44.40.png

by Grand Master
Grand Master

OIC! You're on T-M! I can only assume it must have something to with the run-down of T-M. What did my http://add-on.ee.co.uk/purchase link offer you when not connected to WiFi?

by nz Investigator
Investigator

The roaming doesn't work at all unless I buy the data.I had this exact same problem before wen I came to Argentina.

I am assuming I am a TM customer- I was for the last 15 years...
Screen Shot 2019-03-12 at 18.52.34.png

by nz Investigator
Investigator

ALSO:

Is there a way to contact EE DIRECTLY without being charged for it?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Text NUMBER to 150 & it'll tell you what network you're on.

What device are you doing this from?

Try the Freephone no. in my sig over Skype.

by nz Investigator
Investigator

THANKS @XRaySpeX

by nz Investigator
Investigator

I'm trying to purchase from the phone- and the screen shots are exctly the same from the laptop.

by nz Investigator
Investigator

Just texted, I am on EE! thanks for this tip.

So how come I purchased only 6 months ago the 7 days package?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Ah, that's the reason! Maybe you transferred from T-M to EE in the meantime. Did you upgrade your plan during that time? EE only allow you to upgrade to EE or stay as you are.

I still don't understand why these Zone B data add-on are available to T-M & EE PAYG but not EE contract.

Thanks! You're welcome :)! Glad I could be of assistance.

by

Good Morning @nz.

Do you know when you upgraded to EE?

Great advice from @XRaySpeX! 🙂

Jon

by nz Investigator
Investigator

No I don't know that detail.
And just checking - would I have had a choice to switch to EE? or was it done simply because TM was bought?. It's interesting its called an 'upgrade'- when it is a takeover in fact.
I am very frustrated and the lack of help from EE directly.
Can you please provide me with an email for complaints perhaps?

So far no data!

by

Hi @nz.

It sounds like you'll of switched to EE the last time you upgraded.

I'd recommend contacting our Mobile Care team about this so they can take a look at your account.

Jon

by Grand Master
Grand Master

T-M wasn't bought or taken over as such . It was a constituent part of the formation of EE many years ago. You would always be able to "upgrade" your plan to 4G EE if you so choose. However T-M is now being run down & soon T_M users will soon be forcibly moved to EE..

by nz Investigator
Investigator

Intersting. I did not know this

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.