by Frank45 Investigator
Investigator

using phone in America

When I was in Gteece, I could call and text to UK numbers without adding +44 but when I tried to call a Greek number it failed, it was if the phone thought it was in UK. Will the same apply in USA?

6 REPLIES 6
by Frank45 Investigator
Investigator

In USA how do I make calls to both UK and US?

n USA how do I make calls to both UK and US?. When I was in Europe, I used normal UK phone numbers to call or text home, but when I tried to call a Greek number it failed, as if my phone thought it was still in UK. Will the same apply when in US

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: In USA how do I make calls to both UK and US?

@Frank45  To call a UK number you need to put 011 44 at the start instead of the 0 and to call a US number you need to put 001 at the start of the number. 

by Profile closed
Not applicable

It's far easier just to dial numbers as +44 for the UK or +30 for Greece from a mobile.

Save all your contacts in the full international number format and then they will always work where ever you are including in the UK.

by Frank45 Investigator
Investigator

Just got an answer from EE, phone is based in UK so all calls to UK use usal number, but when in US,and making US call  must add +001 and it becomes an international call from UK

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

+1 for the USA, not +001

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@Frank45, it is always advisable to have all numbers saved with the international dialling code, I have all numbers set up that way, as when abroad you need the international dialling code and when making calls from the UK to other countries or when in another country other than the UK, you need the international dialling code, it works fine for me and many others and there is no messing around then.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.