by Vero2
Explorer

using my phone in France

Hello, I am going a month in France. Do I need to do anything in order to use my phone in France? and am I charged more or at the same rate as usually for using the net, texting, calling, receiving calls or texts? I am on EE 30D SIM only plan.

thank you,

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor
Solution

Re: using my phone in France

Hello @Vero2,

Welcome to the community,

You can text roaming to make sure that roaming is enabled, check in your account that roaming is enabled, too, here you will find all you need :

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Roaming/EE-roaming-Getting-ready-to-use-your-phone-abroad/td-p/674154

As France is part of the EU, costs will be the same as in the UK, so any minutes or data you have with your account will be the same as in the UK.

4 REPLIES 4
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor
Solution

Hello @Vero2,

Welcome to the community,

You can text roaming to make sure that roaming is enabled, check in your account that roaming is enabled, too, here you will find all you need :

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Roaming/EE-roaming-Getting-ready-to-use-your-phone-abroad/td-p/674154

As France is part of the EU, costs will be the same as in the UK, so any minutes or data you have with your account will be the same as in the UK.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hello there @Vero2

Welcome to the community.

I can see @Schockwave has given you some great advice already, as advised you can use your minutes, texts and up to 15GB of your data allowance. 

Hope you have a fantastic time and let us know if you have any further questions 🙂

Leanne.

by Vero2
Explorer

thank you! @Schockwave @Leanne_T

by
EE Community Support Team

No problem at all @Vero2

Enjoy your time in France, I am very jealous 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.