by MrNMC Contributor
Contributor

shared data plan not working when roaming?

Hi I am currently in Crete. My iPhone is roaming perfectly but my iPad which is on a shared data plan isn't working just says no service. I have tried the usual and Data roaming is set to on, but still nothing. Please can someone help?

thank you

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
EE Community Support Team
Solution

Re: shared data plan not working when roaming?

Hi @MrNMC,

I'm sorry to hear you were given incorrect information when you called customer services.

Shared plans can be used abroad, please see the Shared plans help page for more details.

If you select Shared Plans - control data and usage abroad it explains how to check the sharer is activated for roaming in My EE.

If you continue to have issues, please get back in touch with the technical team for assistance.

Hope this helps.

James

16 REPLIES 16
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @MrNMC, have you checked MyEE that roaming is enabled for the iPad?

http://ee.co.uk/help/add-ons-benefits-and-plans/price-plans-and-costs/shared-plans

Change the usage of one device

It’s simple to get your Usage Controls set up by logging into My EE on ee.co.uk. Here's how:

1. Log in to My EE as the Account Holder
  2. Click Device for the Sharer you want to set the controls for
  3. On the Device and Usage page, scroll down to Manage this device, then click Usage Controls
  4. You'll see options for Use data, Buy dataRoaming abroad and Call abroad and premium rate
  5. Click ALLOW or BLOCK next to each option
  6. Click APPLY.
by

Morning @MrNMC

Thanks for coming to the community.

Has the great advice from @chistery got this working for you?

Thanks, Leanne 🙂

by MrNMC Contributor
Contributor

Hi 

thank but still not working I have spoken to level 2 technical who have reset my account but still no service?

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@MrNMC, not a solution, but can you tether from your iPhone to at least get it working short term?

Hopefully someone with more knowledge of shared plans will be along shortly.

by MrNMC Contributor
Contributor

Hi yes can tether but hope a solution to my issues soon so it can work as promised by EE 

many thanks

neil 

by

Hi @MrNMC,

I'm sorry to hear this still isn't working for you.

Please get back in touch with the technical team so we can take another look at your account.

Thanks

James

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@MrNMC Can you do a bit of SIM swapping to test the sim in the iPhone? Just to rule out an issue with the iPad?

by MrNMC Contributor
Contributor

Hi swapped sims and the iPad works perfectly with my sim from the iPhone. Level 2 technical said they would call me back today at 4.00pm after they reset my account. Extremely disappointed that I haven't received a call. Spent well over an hour and a half today on the phone to EE to resolve and still no further forward, feel very short changed. I was assured that this would all work when my broadband account was misold with false promises as a way of compensation . Can someone please in the management team take a look at my account and read the messages left on the note pad and resolve this. It's seem very clear that a shared data plan doesn't work whilst roaming?

Sorry EE very poor customer service.... 

by MrNMC Contributor
Contributor

So after hours of messing around talking to level 1 & 2 technical it was a normal EE advisor who has confirmed that a shared data plan will NOT work whilst abroad?

EE a word or advice it might be an idea if you train your sales & technical staff to stop misleading customers, it edging towards fraud if you sell a customer a product that doesn't do what you say it will and extremely frustrating spending hours messing with settings when none of this will work. I will be complaining once back from Crete to the CEO Marc Allera and raising concerns. After 18 years of being a loyal customer with orange then EE it's time to part company. Not impressed!

by
Solution

Hi @MrNMC,

I'm sorry to hear you were given incorrect information when you called customer services.

Shared plans can be used abroad, please see the Shared plans help page for more details.

If you select Shared Plans - control data and usage abroad it explains how to check the sharer is activated for roaming in My EE.

If you continue to have issues, please get back in touch with the technical team for assistance.

Hope this helps.

James

by MrNMC Contributor
Contributor

Hi James

Level 2 have now sorted it. My shared plan is now roaming. Thank you for your help

many thanks

Neil

by

Great news @MrNMC Smiley Happy

I'm sorry it took longer than it should have.

James

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@MrNMC Good news! Do you know what they did? Always helps if someone else has a similar issue and can be guided by a solution from someone else.

by MrNMC Contributor
Contributor

Just kept refreshing my account. And suddenly my iPad went from no service to signal. They said they could see my iPhone in Crete and my iPad in the uk?

its a shame that one of the mangers from Ireland told me that shared plans can't roam, this morning which clearly isn't true and this caused a load of unnecessary stress.

anyway thank you once again 

by Prodigious Contributor
Prodigious Contributor

I had the same issues, which took level 2 technical support a couple of months to sort out. They switched my shared data plan to a shared tablet plan and it then worked abroad.
by

Thanks for sharing that, @350doc.

I'm happy to see they got there in the end. 🙂

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.