by Penspens Investigator
Investigator

roaming in Greenland

I am in Greenland and my phone worked perfectly in Kangerlussuaq but I’m now in Ilulissat and it only ever shows No Service. It can see the TeleGRL network but never logs on. I’ve paid extra for a service that I cannot use.

6 REPLIES 6
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Re: roaming in Greenland

Do you know what network you were connected to in Kangerlussuaq

It may be the case there is no network in that area you are currently in that EE have partnership with.

Roaming is not a guaranteed service so this would be out of EE control if your not in a partnered network service area.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Penspens

Welcome to the community, I hope you're having a brilliant time in Greenland. 

@BrendonH could be correct. The fact that your phone worked in Kangerlussuaq means that your phone is set up fully for roaming.

Has it been any better today?

Chris

by Penspens Investigator
Investigator

Yes it is Tele GRL which is the same network as Kangerlussuaq. My phone can see the network and even shows a tick against the name but still no service. I’ve reset the network settings on my phone. but no good. I believe that EE needs to reset - see this solution from someone else on the forums. I cannot ring out however as there are no other phones. I can only logon to wifi for 1 hour for £5. CAN SOMEONE AT EE HELP PLEASE? CAN SOMEONE RESET MY SETTINGS?

Copied text below

SOLUTION: FROM SOMEONE ELSE ON EE

I called EE and was transferred to the technical support team. They reset the network settings on their end and I am now connected to H+. They tried many other things including sending new API settings to my phone but none of these worked.

So, to all those who are having problems connecting in Iceland, it would seem your only solution is to call EE tech support and ask them to reset/refresh the network settings for your account on their end. This is not a problem with the device, but with the EE network. This fix involved turning off my phone, waiting for 2 minutes until the tech could do the work on their end, and then it took 2-3 minutes after restart  for my phone to pick up the local network successfully.

by

Hi @Penspens

We do not have access to your account here in the community.

If you're an EE pay monthly customer, we have a live chat team who will be able to try refreshing the network.

You can get in touch by logging into your My EE account from a PC/Laptop. A chat window will pop up when someone is available.

For any other account type, I recommend getting in touch with customer services from an alternative phone.

Let us know how you get on.

Chris

by Penspens Investigator
Investigator

Hi 

Thanks for your reply. I’ve tried to login to my account but cannot find the live chat you mention- nothing pops up and there is no link for it either.  I cannot borrow someone’s phone as it costs £1.80 per minute to make a call! My husband’s phone doesn’t work either  here despite both phones working ok in Kangerlussuaq. We’ve tried swapping sims to see if that helps but all we get is no service. There is no way for me to contact EE other than wifi and that seems really difficult. The wifi costs £5 for an hour and I still achieve no resolution.  Where is the live chat? I’m so frustrated with EE. I’ve bought a special package to use here and it doesn’t work. Thanks!

by

Hello there @Penspens

I am very sorry as @Christopher_G has advised we have no account access on the community.

The chat option will show when an agent is available.

If this is not showing you would need to call our customer service team to get this looked into further.

Leanne.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.