by georgegirvan

roaming abroad

If I have roaming switched off in the uk can I turn it on once I am in Spain

2 REPLIES 2
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Re: roaming abroad

@georgegirvan Yes, but you need to ensure roaming is enabled on your account. text ROAMING to 150 to see.

You can keep roaming off in your settings and just turn it on when you are abroad and want it on.

by
EE Community Support Team

Re: roaming abroad

Hi @georgegirvan

Thanks for coming to community 🙂

I know you have been given some help by @chistery already.

Please have a look at our EE roaming - Getting ready to use your phone abroad support article for some additional reading.

I personally would make sure that Roaming is active before you go away.

Here is how you do it.

Before you travel

There are three possible ways to check if roaming is active on your account and activate the service if it's not:

• Text ROAMING to 150 – you'll receive a text with details about your roaming status and information on how to set-up if needed.

• Call Customer Services and choose options 1, 2 and 4 - the automated system will let you know if roaming is active and help you set it up if it's not.

• In your My EE account, if you have a shared account go to Menu > Manage Device > Usage Controls > Roaming abroad & Call abroad and Premium rate - both options need 'Allow' selected.

Please note: Roaming is subject to your credit status and a deposit may be required.

It can take anything up to 24 hours to become active on your account, so it's really important to set it up before you travel.

So that's the important bit done now…..it's all set up!

Thanks

Richard

🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.