by Monopoly1 Investigator
Investigator

roam further pass

I am going to America for a week next week  and I have paid for a Roam Further Pass. My current plan allows me unlimited calls and minutes and 4GB of data. Am I right in saying I will be able to use these  allowances whilst in America?

If so, does this mean I can call uk landlines and uk mobiles as though I was in the UK?

I'm assuming this doesn't include USA based mobiles and landlines?

Also my wife will be with me, can I call her mobile too without incurring extra charges? She's on Plusnet, will she be charged for taking my calls?

Finally, will I be able to use my inclusive 4GB data allowance as normal for browsing, sat nav , without incurring any charges?

Thanks in advance

6 REPLIES 6
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: roam further pass

@Monopoly1   With the roam further pass you be able to call any number in the U.K. as if you was in the U.K. and your wife in the US and any none chargeable number in the US.   You can also use your data while there.  

Basically use the device as if you was in the UK.   

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @Monopoly1

Welcome to the community.

I can see you have had some great advice from @Chris_B for using your phone in America 🙂

Before you go, make sure you are all set up to use your phone abroad as below;

If you log into your My EE account online go to Menu > Manage Device > Roaming Abroad and also Call Abroad and Premium rate> They will show as ticked if roaming and calling abroad is activated.

If they are not ticked, activate both to use your phone in America 🙂

Have a great time.

Leanne.

Investigator

Leanne/Chris

Thanks for your posts, very useful.

I have checked My EE and those things are enabled. My handset is also set up for data roaming. 

One thing that confused me was that when I spoke to an EE CSA earlier to set up data roaming, she advised that I wouldnt automatically be able to use my inclusive data when I arrived in the USA. I would have to go into MY EE and swap around my bundles to enable the data element of my allowances to work?

She said I would receive a text message from EE as soon as I arrived in the USA advising me of this. 

She didnt seem confident when giving this advice and it left me confused. I assumed everything would be ready to go as soon as I landed. 

Can anyone clarify?

Thanks

by Grand Master
Grand Master

1. Yes, you will be able to use all your allowances in US.
  2. Yes, you can call 01, 02 & 03 UK landlines & UK mobile just like you are in UK.
  3. No, it does include US nos as well as any EU nos.
  4. Yes, you may call your wife's UK no. without you incurring extra charges but she is roaming on PN & may not have US roaming, like you. If that's the case she'll be charged by PN.
  5. Yes, you may use all your 4GB data. EE's limit is 15 GB.

Remember to text ROAMING to 150 before you leave to check roaming is enabled on your account.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

Thanks again!

I don't mean to sound thick , but apart from ensuring roaming is enabled, do I need to do anything else when I hit the USA or will I be good to go and able to start using my data straight away ?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

You should be good-to-go.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.