by portchieboy Investigator
Investigator

phone use in australia, clarification neede

Hi. I need clarification please, as I have had conflicting informationonline, and from 150.

In October I will be travelling to Oz via Hong Kong. In Oz, we will be travelling in SW territory, 20 days in a hire car moving round at will. So, I will be wanting data, and to be phoning local hotels etc.

I called 150, and was told all was well, full use o f data and phone, both to UK, and within Oz. I thn got a txt from EE, which said that I needed to buy a pack! I do have a 4gb Max plan, which I think makes a difference.

I don't want to get to Oz, and find that the info was wrong.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: phone use in australia, clarification neede

Hi @portchieboy

For Australian roaming under the Max plan you would have needed to have taken the plan out, or upgraded after 10th May 2017.

If not then you will need an add on, or you can speak to CS about upgrading your Max plan.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@portchieboy  Make sure you txet ROAMING to 150 to make sure roaming is enabled on your account. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @portchieboy,

Welcome back to the community. Smiley Happy

Did @Northerner and @Chris_B's great answers give you all the information you needed?

Thanks

James

by portchieboy Investigator
Investigator

Thanks all. Phoned and found i had taken contract just a couple of weeks into the new regime, so all is good. Especially as the non eu countries are now not included! 

Highlighted
by
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for the update @portchieboy Smiley Happy

Have a great time in Oz.

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.