by clements747 Investigator
Investigator

phone in canary islands incoming calls fine outbound not

relatives phone in canary islands, incoming calls fine,however outbound is not possible despite  account on max plan and roaming enabled worked fine week before in mainland spain any ideas people, it does show 4G and Movistar and is in lanzorote

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
EE Community Support Team
Solution

Re: phone in canary islands incoming calls fine outbound not

Hi @clements747.

When you try a manual network search, what networks are available?

Are there any other EE phones with you at the moment?

Jon

6 REPLIES 6
by Grand Master
Grand Master

If on contract, did you activate roaming on your EE a/c before you left UK?

Often just rebooting the phone is the simple remedy. Otherwise try logging into your My EE account online & go to Menu / Manage Device / Roaming Abroad and also Call Abroad and Premium rate. They will show as ticked if roaming and calling abroad is activated. If they are not ticked, can you activate these settings?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

im the account holder so via ee website on account and checked 1.roaming enabled,2 i phoned her and she answered thus proving roaming is fine plus she was in Barcelona last week and it worked there a ok tried manual selection of network just in case made no difference, i will phone CS in the morning.

I work for EE anyway and will do the necessary in the morning thankyou

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Did you check both ticks? You only mention 1.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
Solution

Hi @clements747.

When you try a manual network search, what networks are available?

Are there any other EE phones with you at the moment?

Jon

Investigator

After speaking to Cs this morning Orange ES worked Movistar was a stronger signal but doesn't appear to be the roaming partner in the Canary Islands So a network Manual selection was required 

by

Thanks for coming back to us with an update @clements747

Hope you have a great time 🙂

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.