by linasv Investigator
Investigator

not receiving texts

Hey, I'm not receiving texts while I'm abroad. Haven't used EE sim card in awhile now. I'm on pay as you go, just topped up £5, but still not receiving any generated texts from banks and other services.

I'm currently in Lithuania (EU)

Please help. Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: not receiving texts

Hi @linasv 

When was the last time you made a chargable call before your topped up? Could your device be in hibernation.

Thanks,

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by linasv Investigator
Investigator

That's it! My phone number is in hibernation. How do I contact EE if sim card is in hibernation? I can't make a call and I can't see an option of a live chat on this page - https://ee.co.uk/help/get-in-touch 

Please advise.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @linasv

Thanks for coming back to us.

If you give us a call on +44 (0) 7953 966 250, from another phone our Pay as you go Care team will be able to help you.

Thanks.

Leanne 🙂

by linasv Investigator
Investigator

Hey @Leanne_T I don't have another phone. Is there any way to contact support via live chat as it is mentioned on this page -https://ee.co.uk/help/get-in-touch ?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@linasv : There is no Live Chat for PAYG. Try calling the Freephone no. in my sig over Skype.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @linasv 

Have you managed to get in touch? If you could find another phone, please call the number that @Leanne_T posted.

The Mobile Care team will look to activate your number.

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.