by telmealing
Explorer

no network connection

Hi 

I have a uk payg number with EE that i used to have with orange, i have had the number for years

I live part time in spain and with the abolision of roaming i have had no problems making or receiving calls until yesterday

It has the red circle with a line through it showing at the top of the phone which is no network available

I had to call the spanish uk mobile help number using a landline which is not cheap

I finally got through to someone but the conversion kept going on and off so it was hard to understand what he was saying, he asked me to wait while he checked 

When he came back the phone was still going on and off and all i could make out was technical

I said i cant hear what you are saying and he must of been able to hear me ok as he said he would text a message to me

When he rang off i realised he wouldnt be able to text me as i have no network 

So i am still cut off

Any help appreciated

3 REPLIES 3
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: no network connection

@telmealing: What "spanish uk mobile help number"? Spanish networks don't generally have UK nos.

When did you last use it for a chargeable action? EE PAYG SIMs are deactivated after 6 months of non-use. You then have a further 3 months to call EE to reactivate it before it is lost completely. Receiving calls don't count.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by telmealing
Explorer

Hi
The number i had to call from spain was a special uk mobile number if you are in spain
It is sorted now, after calling this number i spoke to a customer advice rep and he said it was a technical fault, i am back in service now
cheers

Sent from Outlook
by
EE Community Support Team

Morning @telmealing

Glad to hear this is now sorted and your service is restored 🙂

Come back to the community anytime.

Leanne.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.