by Barkemar Investigator
Investigator

no data in USA on max plan?

It has worked on a previous trip, but not now. I’ve restarted my phone, but nothing. When I go into my account it says ‘waiting’

5 REPLIES 5
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Re: no data in USA on max plan?

Hi @Barkemar Are you connected to the ATT or T-Mobile network ok, and do calls and texts work, or is nothing now working? Can you manually select a network and connect? Try disabling 4G and trying again?

If you are connected and it's just data not working, what happens when you browse to http://neverssl.com? Do you get redirected to the add-on page?

Not sure what you mean by your account says "waiting". Where does it say that?

Have you added the MAXTRAVEL add-on to your account?

WIth a bit more info hopefully we can come up with a solution for you!

by Barkemar Investigator
Investigator

Thanks for coming back. It turns out that having travelled to Dubai a couple of weeks ago, one of the paid roaming add-ons that I had for that trip was conflicting with the max plan and the roaming that I should have had for free for the USA. It shouldn't be happening, clearly, so it is one for EE to fix - the data had to be 'cleared and reset' by tech support.

It is pretty inconvenient, but it is worthwhile making sure that you are clear of any problems before you travel - it is such a hassle when you arrive in the US after a nine hour flight and a day's email to pick up, only to find you have no data access and EE are closed!

Highlighted
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@Barkemar it's good to hear it is sorted. Was it the maxtravel add-on? I had this issue a few months ago. A few people have had this since and whilst EE fix each issue they don't seem willing or able to resolve the real problem of the conflict with the add-on.

Enjoy the rest of your trip!

by Barkemar Investigator
Investigator

Indeed it was - hence my thought of people checking that they are ‘good to go’ before leaving for a trip, but it is a hassle of course, and a needless one in large part - it must reoccur many dozens of time!

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Thanks @Barkemar. I have raised this issue before but EE seem unable to join the dots up with the users that have an issue and see it as a problem. I'll try again!

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.