by Mollywalker
Explorer

moving Abroad

Help! I’m only 2 months in to a 24 month contract with EE, and I’ve found out I’m moving to france for uni, which wasn’t confirmed when I bought the contract. What can I do about my contract as I can’t afford the termination fee so soon.

i know the fair use policy means you have to have a stable link to the UK-  if I came home for a few days once a month would that be ok?

3 REPLIES 3
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Re: moving Abroad

Hello @Mollywalker ,

Welcome to the community,

Hope you enjoy France. 

You will be ok and as France is in the EU, it will count as roaming the same as using your phone in the UK, but just remember there is a limit on how much data you can use whilst out of the UK. I would also suggest taking a look here to make sure you are set-up for using your phone abroad:

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Roaming/EE-Roaming-Getting-ready-to-use-your-phone-abroad/td-p/749932

by Mollywalker
Explorer

Thank you for your speedy reply! 

The issue I have is that because I am moving for a year, I don’t think I’ll be able to use my plan as normal because of this part of the terms and conditions:

How long can I use my phone abroad for?

EE pay monthly plans are intended for customers with a stable link to the UK who travel abroad periodically.

They are not intended for customers roaming on a permanent or semi-permanent basis.

We will consider you have a stable link to the UK if, during any four month period you;

• Spend a total of two months or more within the UK.
  • Or, if you mainly use your inclusive voice, text or data usage allowances in the UK, rather than while you're roaming.”

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@Mollywalker , I would suggest you ring customer service and speak to them, they should be able to let you know, but I believe you should be ok, as you are coming home once a month and are, if I understood right going to university there. 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.