by Neil227 Investigator
Investigator

max plan not getting allowance in Australia

I got a max plan at the start of the year.

I seen it have Australia and New Zealand included with the bundled free calls and internet.

However now I here it isn't working.

8 REPLIES 8
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: max plan not getting allowance in Australia

@Neil227   You still need to enable roaming and call abroad and premium rate numbers from within your online EE account.  Once that’s done you need to restart the device. 

by Neil227 Investigator
Investigator

Hello Chris_B, 

Thanks for getting back.

That's all done.

I get warnings saying I don't have data allowance and the calls will cost £1.20 an minute while I am here.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Neil227   If you login to your account does it say your on a max plan ?  If you are you are only receiving the standard message that everyone will get in that destination.  

by Neil227 Investigator
Investigator

Hello Chris_B,

The plan when I got it was the max 25Gb one.

However I can't see it being called that on my account, it doesn't call the plan anything other than my plan.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Neil227.

Are you checking in the app or in your My EE Account online?

If you're able to get in touch with our live chat team on our get in touch page, they will be able to let you know which plan you're on.

Jon

by Neil227 Investigator
Investigator

Hello Jon_K,

I have tried chat, it doesn't work, the window just prompts that chat is open between 8am and 11pm I think but doesn't do anything on the PC or mobile.

Neither the app nor the online account describe my plan as anything other then my plan. 

I got it because of the calls from Australia and New Zealand, as it was my plan to come out here this year.

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@Neil227 , Live chat will only come up during the UK opening hours, and if anyone is available when you log-in to your account online. If you have something like Skype or Viber and credit on them you can ring customer service. The Max Plan comes with 100Gig data, but only 15Gig is available when abroad. It should tell you what plan you are on and how much data you have as allowance whether via the app; or via the web. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Thanks @Neil227.

I've sent you a private message to get some more information from you.

Please take a look and get back to me.

Jon

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.