by mrmick Investigator
Investigator

ive been charged outside the eu on a day i was in the eu

If I'm outside the EU but got charged for text/picture message but the date is when i'm in the eU, how can i find out what it is for?

8 REPLIES 8
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: ive been charged outside the eu on a day i was in the eu

You are charged for sending a picture message even when you are in the UK or EU  

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @mrmick 

Where abouts were you? If you were close to the border you device may have connected to a foreign (outside the EU) network. This is sometime happens.

Also as @XRaySpeX said picture messages (MMS messages) are billed in the UK or EU, as they aren't part of EE standard tariff entitlement.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning @mrmick.

Welcome to the community.

Can you remember sending a picture message to anyone?

Do you still have your conversation history on your phone from that day?

Jon

by mrmick Investigator
Investigator

Hi, I didnt send a picture message, I havent deleted anything, only thing i found odd, was I was in Turkey for 1 day 27th June, but this 1 message charge says 29th in turkey, but I have no messages that day. I did receive a couple of messages on messenger, but I didnt get them till later when i turned my data on after getting back to Greece later that day ?  I'm not to bothered about the cost, just wanted to point to what message it was that i paid for.

Thanks for your time.

by mrmick Investigator
Investigator

That is possible, I returned from turkey by boat, and as we get near greece i receive a message " welcome to Greece" from EE, then i switched my data on and received a couple of messenger posts.

Thanks for reply.

by mrmick Investigator
Investigator

Thanks, I do have 30 free picture messages, but this was saying i was outside EU on 29th, but I was only outside on the 27th. Not a problem, I can live with not knowing what it was.

Thanks.

by farnd3 Contributor
Contributor

Hello.

can I just ask a couple of questions. 

Were you you still in Greece on the day of the charge?

was the island in Greece you were on Rhodes?

The reason for me asking is that if you are on Rhodes, you can still pick up all the Turkish networks with out issues.

I've been to Greece many Times and I can tell that when on Rhodes I often pick the Turkish networks up for a short while and then it will bounce back to the Greek networks.

same happens in many countries.  

Dover in  uk, you can pick up French networks no problems,.

it happens more than you can imagine.

Also roaming charges can be delayed to show or may even show correct dates.  It all depends on when the roaming network sends the information back to EE

Please do let us know.

by
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning @mrmick.

If you change your mind and would like to know what the charges are for, our Mobile Care team will be able to look into your account and see any charges out of your allowance.

Jon 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.