by rammouradian Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

in Spain and roaming is not working

in spain and i cannot chose any of the available networks!

28 REPLIES 28
by RJBarrett Contributor
Contributor

Re: in Spain and roaming is not working

Couple of questions:

1. Do you have roaming enabled on your phone? I can't speak for Android but on iPhone, navigate to Settings > Mobile Data > Mobile Data Options > Data Roaming On. That'll enable roaming for data + calls & texts.
  2. Is roaming enabled on your EE account? If not, get in touch with EE to activate roaming.

Hope this helps!

Valued Contributor

I arrived Spain it worked and the network was orange. After half an hour till now it stopped working. I tried contacting ee live chatting however nothing is working with me. 

by RJBarrett Contributor
Contributor

Have you tried the following...?

1. Put your device in flight mode for 30 seconds and turned flight mode off?
  2. Restarted your device?
  3. Took out the SIM card and put it back in?
  4. Tried your SIM in another phone?

Let me know how this goes.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

You don't just need roaming set up on your device, you also need it set up on your EE a/c.

Did you activate roaming on your EE a/c before you left UK?

Try logging into your My EE account online & go to Menu / Manage Device / Roaming Abroad and also Call Abroad and Premium rate. They will show as ticked if roaming and calling abroad is activated. If they are not ticked, can you activate these settings?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Valued Contributor

i went to ee store yesterday, and the employee told me it will work anywhere in europe, once i landed it was working, 30 mins later it stopped working, tried to reset it, took the sim card out many times nothing worked out

Valued Contributor

did all those solutions, and nothing worked out with me, i visted ee yesterdaat the employee told me it will work always, once i arrived madrid it worked 100 %, suddenly after half an hour everything got disconnected and i tried live chatting with ee , however could find a way to do so. 

by RJBarrett Contributor
Contributor

Have you tried using it in different locations? Orange may be having a problem in the area where you’re at. Doesn’t help you out but that may be the problem at hand.

Valued Contributor

I tried changing to manual. And did everything. Nothing worked out with me. There is 24/7 live chatting for help. 

by RJBarrett Contributor
Contributor

Is it working in a different area though? Say in the city centre or something versus your villa or hotel? Could be a mast that’s having an issue.

Valued Contributor

no it only worked once i landed, then it stopped working in all the areas, tried to change the sim, the location, reset the phone did every possible thing, and its still not working, no network 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

On contract or PAYG?

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Valued Contributor

I used to be payg. However yesterday I changed it to a contract. 

by RJBarrett Contributor
Contributor

I wonder if it’s anything to do with you switching over to contract? If you’re phone is unlocked and you need to access data and calls, I’d suggest to get a local SIM card and top up a bit. It’s not ideal but you gotta do what you gotta do.

Valued Contributor

Thanks for the help. Yes my phone is unlocked and I used to top up. I changed changed my plan to have more data and discounts that’s all I did. It worked 30 mins then off. The only solution is contacting ee however I can’t text or call only live chat. And it’s not working with me 

by RJBarrett Contributor
Contributor

Yeah I don’t believe the live chat works outside of the UK. If you install a free VPN that’ll spoof your location to the UK, you shouldn’t have any issues connecting to live chat in the morning.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@rammouradian wrote:

However yesterday I changed it to a contract. 

Ah, telling! You never answered my Q. Did you activate roaming on your EE a/c before you left UK? Did you look in your MyEE? A new contract will have roaming OFF.

Try calling EE using the Freephone no. in my sig. over Skype.

Live Chat works outside UK; it's over the Net. Use it by going to Get in touch & open up the EE +, after 8 AM.

Valued Contributor

i really dont know about rhe activation part, and i cant call ee for free, since its not collected the network, i cant call or recive calls, nor data

by RJBarrett Contributor
Contributor

I’d have a look in your MyEE to have a look at roaming. Should be an option in there.

Valued Contributor

can u tell me were to look, or to follow the options if possible?

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.