by lukeegriffin
Visitor

how do i check to see if my phones covered in australia

Hi!

how do i check to see if my phones covered in australia?

3 REPLIES 3
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: how do i check to see if my phones covered in australia

@lukeegriffin: Covered for what? Insurance, use, charges ...?

Are you on a contract or PAYG? If on PAYG use the phone as normal & pay the charges in https://ee.co.uk/help/add-ons-benefits-and-plans/call-or-going-abroad/roaming-costs/countries/austra... . Your usual allowances are not valid outside EU.

If on contract, text ROAMING to 150 before you leave to check that roaming is enabled on your a/c.

If on a recent Max Plan then your usual allowances are usable in OZ. Otherwise the charges above apply.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@lukeegriffin  If your on a new max plan then yes you can use your allowances in Australia as the Max’s plan cover Australia.

The max plans cover

Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Mexico and the USA. 

if your not sure what plan you have login to your only account and it will say if your a max plan customer. 

If your not a nax plan customer  then you’ll need to purcharse a bun to kEE p costs down. 

Tect RO Australia to see your options. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning @lukeegriffin

Welcome to the community.

I can see you have had some great advice for using your phone in Australia.

Let us know if you have any other questions 🙂

Have an amazing time in Australia.

Leanne.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.