by nightofjoy
Explorer

extra data for roaming on holiday?

Hi.

I'm going to Prague just after Christmas for four days. I'd like to be able to have some internet access as a backup. Not particularly bothered about calls, as I mostly use whatsapp and email for communications and I'll mostly use the internet for maps and stuff while we're out of any bars etc that have wifi.

I get 2bg per month as part of my plan. I'm guessing this will be UK only.

If that's the case, can you buy lumps of roaming data as an add-on, rather than accrue charges as I go? (unless of course my monthly data simply cuts off when I leave the UK) 

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: extra data for roaming on holiday?

No, all your allowances incl. data are usable throughout the EU incl. Czech Republic.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by nightofjoy
Explorer

Really? Wow, that's pretty cool. So as long as I stick within my limits - no extra charges?

And if I do go over, will the extra charges be higher in EU or the same as if I went over in the UK?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

You can't go over with data. You'll just need to buy an add-on like in the UK. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by nightofjoy
Explorer

Marvellous. Cheers!!

Smiley Happy

by
EE Community Support Team

Welcome to our community, @nightofjoy 🙂

I see @XRaySpeX has given you the brilliant news!

Please make sure you check that roaming is activated before you go. You can check in your My EE Account under Manage Device.

Chris 🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Thanks! You're welcome :)! Glad I could be of assistance.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.