by theinfamoust Investigator
Investigator

data roaming not working in Paris

so I put on roaming in Paris. got the email saying I can use my contract minutes and data in Paris. Can't make in country or outgoing calls. Data works only. can't call 150 or any other ee numbers.

what can I do? (please and thank you)

I'm on contract.

7 REPLIES 7
by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Re: data roaming not working in Paris

Hi @theinfamoust

Just so we can rule out a local network issue, can you perform a manual network search and choose another network then make a call again please?

Regards,

Martyn

Investigator

ok. I'll try. how do I do that?

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @theinfamoust

Try this 🙂

How do I do a manual network search?

• iPhone – Settings > Carrier > Toggle Automatic OFF

• Android – Settings > More Networks > Mobile Networks > Network Operators > Tap OK

• Windows – Settings > Mobile Network > Network Selection > Tap on start manual search

Thanks

Richard

🙂

Investigator

Thanks for your help. I did the network search then selected orange f. I tried to call someone nothing worked. ee didn't work also.

by

Hi @theinfamoust

Apart from the phone problem you are having, I hope you are having a nice vacation.

When you are preparing for your trip abroad, it is essential that roaming is activated before you go away.

In order to do this, all the information/set-up instructions can be found in our EE roaming - Getting ready to use your phone abroad support article.

I know on this occasion, you were aware that you needed to do this.  I know it's not working at the moment for you.

However, we can help.

Please take a look at some of the hints, tips and tricks to get activated in our Roaming with EE - What to do if you're having problems abroad support article.

If none of the advice in the support article works, you may have an international bar present.  

This will need account access at this point.

If you are a pay monthly personal EE customer, then log in to My EE and await a chat with an online advisor.

If you can't access this, then please call customer services from an alternative landline or mobile.

Please let me know how you get on.

Cheers

Richard

🙂

Investigator

Ok. thanks for your help and the holiday is going ok. I didn't know I had to switch on roaming before hand lol!

I'll check out the article and get back to you soon,  thanks again.

Highlighted
by

Hi @theinfamoust

If you are a pay monthly personal EE customer, then log in to My EE and await a chat with an online advisor.

Account access should get this all fixed for you.

Keep me posted

Richard

🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.