by Anya Investigator
Investigator

customer service advised roaming activated on my account but cannot make calls

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: customer service advised roaming activated on my account but cannot make cal

Hi, 

Is roaming activated under your phone settings? 

You will need to contact CS so if you cannot call then you can try live chat tomorrow after 8am UK time. If you click on the cross next to EE the chat options and status will be shown. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: customer service advised roaming activated on my account but cannot make cal

Hi, 

Is roaming activated under your phone settings? 

You will need to contact CS so if you cannot call then you can try live chat tomorrow after 8am UK time. If you click on the cross next to EE the chat options and status will be shown. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @Anya you can check if roaming has been enabled on your account by logging in to your MYEE account online and navigating to MYEE>Manage device:

https://id.ee.co.uk/id/login

Have you restarted the device since landing? If so try a manual network search to see if any other local roaming networks are available. 🙂

by
EE Community Support Team

Good morning @Anya

Thanks for checking in to community 🙂

I'm just following up on this one to see if the help @Northerner and @Profile closed has given to you has helped to sort things out for you.

Please see our Roaming with EE - What to do if you're having problems abroad post for some further support, if you need it.

Thanks

Richard

:)​​​​​​​

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Hi @Anya,

There is a freephone number for EE Customer Services that you can call free using Skype or another VoIP app, from a computer or your mobile phone via WiFi - it's +44 800 956 6000 .

Other than Skype, Tesco International Calling app is another good option - when you install it on your phone it gives you £1 free credit. 0800 numbers are free from this app as well, and of course it can be used over WiFi.

One of the above options should enable you to ring through to EE over any WiFi connection (hotels, restaurants, etc.), and get your roaming activated.

by
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for offering some more assistance @DonDino

Hopefully some of the help given will get the customer up and running.

Cheers

Richard

🙂 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.