by Sunshinemeg Contributor
Contributor

cant text the UK from Italy

I have just arrived in Rome and my phone will not let me send a text. I can receive but not send. Can anybody help?

i have send as SMS on, and have signal.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
EE Community Support Team
Solution

Re: cant text the UK from Italy

I am sorry to hear you are frustrated and I'm just trying to rule things out to make sure this can be sorted as soon as possible.

I am confident this is exactly what the problem could be @Sunshinemeg

Iv'e sent you a private message here.

Thanks

Richard

🙂

18 REPLIES 18
Contributor

cant text the UK from Italy

I have just arrived in Rome and my phone will not let me send a text. I can receive but not send. Can anybody help?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Sunshinemeg  Did you activate roaming on your account before leaving the uk ?  If you did are you putting 44 or +44 instead of the 0 ? And have you rebooted the device since you got there ? 

by
EE Employee

Hi @Sunshinemeg and welcome to the community.

So I can try and help, please may I get you to perform a manual network search and choose a network other than what you are on.

Please also can I get you to try and ring using format of 00447*********

Also, please let me know If you are using an EE personal or business account?

Many thanks,

Lee

Contributor

What did I have to do to activate roaming? I have +44 but can't even text.
by
EE Employee

Hi @Sunshinemeg

Did you mention to customer services that you were traveling before you went away?

Many thanks,

Lee

Contributor

Didn't know I had to tell customer services so haven't done. Have tried to text roaming to 150 and can't, have tried calling 150 but it tells me I need to have call barring deactivated first which I don't know how to do? I'm on a network that says TIM if that helps?

by
EE Employee

Hi @Sunshinemeg

Not all accounts are activated for roaming so you would have to inform us.

Please may I know if you are using an EE personal or business account?

Many thanks,

Lee

Contributor

I spoke to a customer care assistant via live chat on Friday and was assured it had been sorted on my EE personal account. Well that was clearly a lie as I still cannot phone and can only text if I turn on data roaming. First stop when I get back to the UK will be cancelling my account. Appalling service

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @Sunshinemeg sorry to hear you are still having problems. Is roaming showing as enabled on your account now? You can check by logging in to your MYEE account online and navigating to MYEE>Manage device:

https://id.ee.co.uk/id/login

If so have you restarted the phone since? You can also try a manual network search to see what ther local roaming networks are available. 🙂

by

Good morning @Sunshinemeg

Thank you for coming to community 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that you are having problems using your services.

Please see our Roaming with EE - What to do if you're having problems abroad post.

Hopefully some of the hints, tips and tricks can help you.

Let us know how you get on, I know @Profile closed has reached out to try and help you this morning.

Thanks

Richard

🙂

Contributor

I have roaming unlocked but can't phone. Can only text uk if I turn data roaming on. Utterly useless, my baby has been sick and I can't get news easily via text. So fed up

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @Sunshinemeg what phone do you have? Have you tried restarting it and/or a manual network search to see if any other networks are available? 🙂

Contributor

iPhone SE. Yes I have tried restart and manual searching. 

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @Sunshinemeg you can perform a network reset by tapping settings>general>reset>reset network settings (you will have to re-enter WiFi passwords after). If it still does not work can you get hold of another phone to try the SIM card in? This will confirm a line or device fault. 🙂

by

Also @Sunshinemeg

If that doesn't help, it could be that an international restriction my be on your line.

To remove international barring, it does require speaking to customer services and they can help you.

Thanks

Richard

🙂

Contributor

I spoke to customer services Friday who should have sorted that. Network reset hasn't worked. Clearly everybody is just guessing. I am so angry with EE for the hassle being caused here. 

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @Sunshinemeg this is a public user forum that does not have access to accounts only general advice and help can be given through here. If you are not happy with your service then you will need to speak to customer service/Live Chat who can diagnose the problem or you can make a complaint to EE using the information contained in this link:

http://ee.co.uk/help/safety-and-security/security/ways-to-complain

🙂

by
Solution

I am sorry to hear you are frustrated and I'm just trying to rule things out to make sure this can be sorted as soon as possible.

I am confident this is exactly what the problem could be @Sunshinemeg

Iv'e sent you a private message here.

Thanks

Richard

🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.