by Viktorrija

can't make calls from abroad

Hello,

I'm in Lithuania at the moment and can't make calls to local phones. All suggestion which I found on chats, forums and etc I've tried, but nothing help... 

5 REPLIES 5
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: can't make calls from abroad

Hi @Viktorrija.

Welcome to the community.

Due to reasons beyond our control, calls to local Lithuanian numbers while in Lithuania are currently barred.

We don't currently have an estimated timescale on when this will be lifted.

Jon

by CheshireChap Investigator
Investigator

@Jon_KThat's really not good enough. How long has this been an issue, and why don't you let unsuspecting customers like me know? I arrive this morning in Vilnius and find I can't phone local numbers - it's more than an inconvenience, more than an embarasment (though it's that too), it has made it extremely difficult if not impossible to carry out my business. It really wouldn't be difficult to text all your customers, would it? I've had similar poor service from EE outside the EU, but never within it. 'Beyond our control' and 'no estimated timescale' - please explain!

by

Hi @CheshireChap

Sorry to hear that you've been affected by this.

As @Jon_K posted earlier in the thread, due to reasons beyond our control, calls to local Lithuanian numbers while in Lithuania are currently barred.

You should still be able to calls and text back to the UK, and to other countries, when roaming there.

Thanks for your feedback on texting customers about this, I'll certainly pass it on to our roaming team.

Chris

by CheshireChap Investigator
Investigator

Thanks for the quick reply, Chris @Christopher_G 

Please also see the welcome text below, received this morning after landing at Vilnius airport - absolutely no hint that there was any issue at all:

"Hi from EE. Great news, while you're in Lithuania you can use your plan minutes, texts and data allowances at no extra cost. Calls to countries outside the EU are £1.20 per min and texts 50p each. Other charges are the same as when you're in the UK."

The 'roaming team' should really put something in there about this issue, shouldn't they?

by

Sounds like a good suggestion, @CheshireChap.

Thank you.

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.