by iruchan Investigator
Investigator

calling from France

I visited France last month. Then, I tried to use my EE phone(Sony Experia), however, I couldn't make a call. 

Also, I checked my account on both my PC and my phone, then I found my current credit is 15.00, however I couldn't buy packs and I saw "Unexpected error occurred" message.

Is this situation "my phone is locked"? In fact, I'm not living in UK now, so I didn't use the hone for about a year.

Plus, I tried to text 150 to unlock the device, but I couldn't text.

I don't know the reason why I couldn't make a phone call, text and buy packs. What should I do next to use my phone?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by iruchan Investigator
Investigator
Solution

Re: calling from France

Dear Chris,

Thank you for your kind and detailed reply. 

I understand the situation of my EE sim and phone.

I can confirm my credit still appears on my account although my phone is gone for good. What can I do with it? If I purchase new SIM when I visit UK next, can I use the credit again?

4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@iruchan  if you’ve not use the phone for about a year your Sim card has been deactivated your number has gone for good and you will need to get a new Sim card, you need to use your EE sim at least once every three months to make a chargeable call/text to keep the sim activated.  

EE do not post SIM cards out of the UK and if you can get someone in the UK to post you a new sim that sim will need to be activated in the UK first. 

by iruchan Investigator
Investigator
Solution

Dear Chris,

Thank you for your kind and detailed reply. 

I understand the situation of my EE sim and phone.

I can confirm my credit still appears on my account although my phone is gone for good. What can I do with it? If I purchase new SIM when I visit UK next, can I use the credit again?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

You've lost your credit as you never took your SIM out of hibernation.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by iruchan Investigator
Investigator

Dear XRaySpeX,

Thank you for your information. I will make a phone call to EE later.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.