by matt76 Investigator
Investigator

call / text rates whilst in Florida

Morning, landed in Florida last night and received a text from EE to say that every text I receive and send will cost me 60p and every call either sent or received will be £1.20.

can I confirm this is correct as my brother who is on the same sim only plan had a text to say all was included in his price plan, including his data allowance.

i can get Wi-fi throughout Disney but do presume that people will be sending me texts and calling me whilst I am here but obviously don’t want to be charged!! 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor
Solution

Re: call / text rates whilst in Florida

Hello @matt76

Welcome to the Community and thank you for taking the time to post today. Smiley Happy

I'm very jealous at the moment, I went to Florida at the end of November last year for a month and it was an amazing experience. I highly recommend you go on Tower of Terror while your there and if you're still there in the evening, the Star Wars fireworks are spectacular, but you will need to get there quite some time before as people start to wait around an hour before the show begins. Smiley Happy

In regards to prices, standard costs are: £1.20 to make calls, £1 to receive calls, 60p per text message sent, 50p per picture message sent and any text messages you receive are free of charge. There is an add-on called "World Select Talk and Text" which provides unlimited minutes and unlimited text messages for £6 per day.

In regards to your brother having inclusive allowances, this is because he is on a Max Plan which includes USA within his allowances. Could you confirm, what plan and when did you take your contract out with EE? Smiley Happy

4 REPLIES 4
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor
Solution

Hello @matt76

Welcome to the Community and thank you for taking the time to post today. Smiley Happy

I'm very jealous at the moment, I went to Florida at the end of November last year for a month and it was an amazing experience. I highly recommend you go on Tower of Terror while your there and if you're still there in the evening, the Star Wars fireworks are spectacular, but you will need to get there quite some time before as people start to wait around an hour before the show begins. Smiley Happy

In regards to prices, standard costs are: £1.20 to make calls, £1 to receive calls, 60p per text message sent, 50p per picture message sent and any text messages you receive are free of charge. There is an add-on called "World Select Talk and Text" which provides unlimited minutes and unlimited text messages for £6 per day.

In regards to your brother having inclusive allowances, this is because he is on a Max Plan which includes USA within his allowances. Could you confirm, what plan and when did you take your contract out with EE? Smiley Happy

Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @matt76

What SIM only plan are you on? If you are on a Max plan taken out after May 10th 2017 then the US is included. You can buy an add on which will cover you. 

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by matt76 Investigator
Investigator

Many thanks for your help. It appears I’m on the max plan but took it out not in the right date range.

no worries I’m happy with WhatsApp and email whilst away now.

thanks 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @matt76.

I hope you have a great time in Florida!

Let us know if you have any further questions 🙂

Jon

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.