by farmerboy3 Investigator
Investigator

australlian roaming partners

Hi there everyone,

In a few months i am off to Australia, followed by the USA for a working holiday. I'm in the process of upgrading my phone and the contract has the free roaming in Aus and the USA, but i cant for the life of me find anything that will give me an idea on the coverage in those countries or the roaming partners. 

Can anyone put my mind at ease? and tell me the coverage is fine and not to panic haha

Thanks in advance

6 REPLIES 6
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Re: australlian roaming partners

Hello @farmerboy3

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community today. Smiley Happy

In regards to roaming in the U.S., EE's roaming partner is T-Mobile and you can use 2G, 3G and 4G while connected to T-Mobile, you can also roam onto AT&T and use 3G and 4G (there will be no 2G coverage on AT&T because AT&T have decommissioned their 2G network). Smiley Happy

Unfortunately, I haven't been to Australia (I have the U.S.), but I believe EE's roaming partner is Telstra (from memory) and you should be able to use 2G, 3G and 4G; you should also be able to roam onto Vodafone AU and Optus and use 2G and 3G, but I am unsure on 4G as I can no longer find EE's 4G partner list.

Would either @Lee_H@James_B or @Christopher_G be able to confirm EE's roaming partners in Australia please?

by
EE Employee

Hi and welcome to the community @farmerboy3

You will have connectivity to Optus or Telstra whilst roaming in Australia depending on local coverage.

You will be able to receive 4G on both networks (local infrastructure dependant)

Many thanks,

Lee

Investigator

@Lee_H@Inyourbox thank you very much for your almost instant replies, has really put my mind at ease about being out there and not worrying about having to buy new Sims for each place! 

by
EE Employee

Hi @farmerboy3

You're very welcome, just out of curiosity whereabouts in Australia are you going to?

Many thanks,

Lee

Investigator

Hi @Lee_H,

I'm planning to be working in and across Western Australia for the harvest season?

Regards 

Will

by
EE Employee

Brilliant @farmerboy3

One day I want to go to Sydney to watch Western Sydney Wanderers play.

I have family in Melbourne, so would go see them 🙂

Cheers

Lee

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.