by Phil_in_Aus Investigator
Investigator

adding credit

Dear EE Team,

I'm home in Australia trying to add credit to my wife's pay-as-you-go Local UK SIM card so that she can use the "Call Abroad Add-on" and text international. She purchased an EE £10 Everything Pack (calls/texts within UK are working fine). For me to add credit for her, I assume I/we have to register for a MYEE account first and then add credit once that is completed. I also assume that at some stage she will have to confirm something on her phone in order to complete registration.

HOWEVER when I go to "Login/Register" to try and register for a MYEE account, then enter the phone number (in format 07538xxxxxx) it says "We don't recognise this number, please try again. If you're having trouble, call 150 from your EE phone". The number is correct because I can text her and she receives it, but she cannot reply reply to my text. 

So I need some help/advice on (a) why the registration web page won't accept the phone number, and (b) how I can get credit onto her account when she and I are unable to communicate.

Hoping one of you can help.

...Phil.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
EE Employee
Solution

Re: adding credit

Hi @Phil_in_Aus

This is very unusual, it would probably be best if your wife gives Customer Service a quick call to have this investigated.

She can dial 150 and it is a 25p charge for the call.

Many thanks,

Lee

12 REPLIES 12
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Try entering the no. as +44 7538xxxxxx.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

Tried +44 7538xxxxxx as well as a couple more variants (eg. included the leading "0", also with and without the space). Still no good. It just automatically reverts to displaying 07538xxxxxx and then proceeds to give the same "We don't recognise this number" error as before.

by
EE Employee

Hi @Phil_in_Aus and welcome to the community.

Have you tried using the fast top up pages?

Many thanks,

Lee

Investigator

Hi EE Team,

The fast top up pages worked - it took my 10 pound top up easily. It said "07538xxxxxx was topped up successfully". Following that a text "CALL ABROAD" was sent to number 150 to activate the Call Abroad Add-on opion. However a return message was received on the phone almost straight away saying that this request could not be completed because it is only available to EE customers. But the SIM card is an EE card so it IS an EE customer who is trying to activate the Add-on. Something is wrong somewhere. (Is there any actual EE technical support contact that can sort this out? Preferably email as I don't want to be phoning from Australia to get assistance).

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Text NUMBER to 150. I think it tells you what network it thinks you're on. I did wonder whether you were on T-M or Orange that caused MyEE not to recognise your no.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

Hi EE Team,

Sending the NUMBER to 150 elicited the same automated negative SMS reply as before - ie. 'this feature is only available to EE customers'. So it didn't say what network it was connected to, but obviously EE doesn't think it's the EE network. But it must be EE because that is the brand on the packaging and when the SIM card was originally activated the return SMS message came from EE saying 'your £10 Everything Pack has started and £10 has come out of your credit'. How to we get some decent traction to solve this?

by
EE Employee

Hi @Phil_in_Aus

Just to clarify is the SIM card in the UK or in Australia?

Many thanks,

Lee

Investigator

Hi Lee,

The SIM card is in the UK with my wife, and it is working for calls/text within the UK. I am still home in Australia, trying to help get it working for calls/text to abroad so that she can call/text me. I am able to text her but she cannot reply. {it's 4:30am here so I am going to retire shortly after a very long and frustrating night! Might be a few hours before I pick up this conversation again}.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

BTW: I am not the ""EE Team". I'm simply a user like you, who tries to help peeps like you.

by
EE Employee
Solution

Hi @Phil_in_Aus

This is very unusual, it would probably be best if your wife gives Customer Service a quick call to have this investigated.

She can dial 150 and it is a 25p charge for the call.

Many thanks,

Lee

Investigator

My wife phoned 150 and the EE guy she spoke to was also scratching his head. In the end he said "I've looked at the account and it all seems to be in order, so I've reset some settings, and hopefully all should be OK now - but I have no idea what caused the problem". After that both text & voice worked fine when calling international. Thanks to those from EE Community who offered me suggestions; seems dialling 150 and talking direct to EE was the only way to fix it. ...Bye.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Phil_in_Aus,

Thanks for the update. Smiley Happy

Happy to hear customer service were able to fix the problem.

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.