by Jadey8 Investigator
Investigator

Working in Greece

Hello!!

im working in Greece for 6 months I’m on my 11th week so I know soon my roaming will charge and I won’t be able to use my phone 

just wondering how I still can without been charged a big amount? 

Been able to ring my family and friends is the only thing that stops me from quitting! I’m so home sick! 

Move been told just to get a pay as you go sim but I will been paying for my contact and a pay as you go? Just don’t know what steps to take! And any help would be amazing 

5 REPLIES 5
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Working in Greece

Hi @Jadey8,

Welcome to the EE Community.

I understand how important it is to keep in touch with loved ones when you are away from home.

To find out everything you need to know about the EU fair usage policy, please see Roaming for Pay Monthly customers.

Hope this helps.

James

by Jadey8 Investigator
Investigator

Thank you very much for your reply 

so is it best for me to just now not use my phone at all till I’m back in England in October? As I will be breaching the contact? 

by

Good Morning @Jadey8

We will notify you before your charges start.

Have you looked into 3rd party apps which may allow you to call your loved ones over WiFi if you do not wish to be charged?

Speak soon, 

Katie 🙂

by Jadey8 Investigator
Investigator

Thank you for your response! Sadly I don’t get WiFi in my apartment plus grandparents etc don’t have phone with WiFi so I wouldn’t able to use FaceTime etc! I will just order a pay as you go sim and get someone to post it to Greece! My contact ends in October so not to far away 

by

Hi @Jadey8.

You can keep using your phone up until you get a text from EE stating otherwise.

You won't be charged anything extra at the moment, and charges would only apply after a text was sent to tell you this, so you're fine to continue using the phone for now 🙂

Charges also wouldn't be backdated so you don't need to worry.

Have a look at the terms and conditions for roaming which might explain it better.

Jon

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.