by matt1983 Investigator
Investigator

With data roaming, is there a limit on the number of days you can roam?

Hi

I know I can use all of my package calls, texts and data whilst roaming, but is there a limit to the number of days you can roam, eg. in a month/year/consecutive days outside of the UK etc?

Thanks

15 REPLIES 15
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: With ANY roaming, is there a limit on the number of days you can roam?

No more than 60 days in any 120 day period. To benefit from EE's roaming allowances you are expected to have a stable link with the UK. They are not intended for customers roaming on a permanent or semi-permanent basis.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by matt1983 Investigator
Investigator

Hi Thanks,

So just to be sure, does that mean I can't use it for more than 60 days over a 120 day period (which is fine), or I have to use it in the UK for at least 60 days in each 120 day period (hopefully you see what I mean by that)?

Essentially, I will be working regularly abroad (Switzerland), but wanted a UK phone and number for when I am in the UK and to occasioanlly call back home whilst abroad - calling the UK from a Swiss phone/contract/SIM etc would be an international call.

I also wanted a nice device to use for whatsapp or skype calls home or for surfing when connected to wi-fi - I will therefore save myself some money on a device for my regular work use.

I estimate I would be out of the UK for more than 60 days in some 120 day periods, but not using roaming for a lot of those days, hence my asking for clarification.

Hope all that makes sense?

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @matt1983 you need to be in the UK connected to the EE network for at least 60 out of 120 days to be considered to have a 'stable link':

http://ee.co.uk/content/dam/ee-help/help-pdfs/roaming-for-paym-customers-20170615.pdf

If you are abroad for more than 60 out of 120 days EE can charge or restrict your line. 🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Yes, you can look at it in 2 equivalent ways:

1. You need to be in the UK for at least 60 days in any 120 day period.
  2. You cannot be abroad for more than 60 days in any 120 day period.

I suppose by being in the UK EE mean that your phone is switched and connected to the mobile network sometime in the day for that day to count. Otherwise EE couldn't know where you are.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by matt1983 Investigator
Investigator

Hmmm, ok thank you.

Wasnt explained very well when I took out the contract so will have to see how that works out.

Thanks for your help. Couldnt find that document/terms for looking. 🙂

by Profile closed
Not applicable

You are welcome @matt1983 come back to the community anytime if there is anything else you would like to know.

Enjoy the rest of your day.  🙂

by
EE Employee

Hi @matt1983 and welcome to the community

Please see the wonderful advice given by one of the stars users above.

Hopefully this has been helpful for you.

Many thanks,

Lee

by matt1983 Investigator
Investigator

Thanks Lee,

Interestingly after speaking to one of the live chat advisors as I was going to complain about the lack of info/advice given to me at purchase about this, I have been told that as long as you dont spend 60 consecutive days outside of the UK, then that is ok, which is absolutely fine for my situation and what I expected (in fairness I expected soemthing like 30 consecutive days so 60 is even better).

by
EE Employee

Hi @matt1983

That is certainly correct as mentioned above by @XRaySpeX.

Many thanks,

Lee

by matt1983 Investigator
Investigator

Indeed, but having that clarification on consecutive days is important. I think it would be useful for your document which the guys helpfully pointed me to, clarified the consecutive piece also as the way I read it was that any 60 days within a 120 day period outside the UK would mean charges/restrictions, eg. if I spent 6 lots of 10 days for example outside the UK.

Thanks everyone for all the help.

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

It's not consecutive, it's any 60 days in the last 120.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Consecutive does not come into it. You spend 60 consecutive days abroad, then 1 day back in UK and then 1 day abroad you have broken the rules. 

by Andyparry91

The limit on roaming allowance is not very well laid out when signing up to a new contract. 

I have also been cut off after 46 days in the USA. I have tried calling 150 because I never knew the limit was capped before but I couldn't connect. But I haven't went over the 60 days.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Andyparry91  You will not get cut off even if you go over the 60 days.  you can not use your allowances over the 60 days and you’ll be changed standard roaming fees after 60 days.  Login in to your online account and wait for a live chat window to pop to speak with customer services about this. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Andyparry91,

If you haven't been in the US for over 60 days, it must be a different issue.

Please see EE Roaming - What to do if you're having problems abroad for tips on getting connected.

Hope this helps. Smiley Happy

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.