by Teelaa77
Visitor

With 4GEE Max plan free roaming in Australia, costs for local callers?

When using 4GEE Max free roaming in Australia, would receiving calls and texts from local mobile or landlines be charged at their providers local rates or would it be considered as international calls or texts?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor
Solution

Re: With 4GEE Max plan free roaming in Australia, costs for local callers?

@Teelaa77 Hi People calling and texting you from Australia would be charged at international rates as it’s a U.K. number.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
4 REPLIES 4
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor
Solution

@Teelaa77 Hi People calling and texting you from Australia would be charged at international rates as it’s a U.K. number.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
by Grand Master
Grand Master

They will probably be classed as International calls/texts, according to their local networks' rules. I can't see how it can be otherwise, unless they can differentiate a +44 no. being present in the same country, but would they bother?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Niraj_g

Hi, 

I also had the same concern as the initial poster. 

Since I am using the 4GEE Max plan for Australia Roaming, if I provide my +44 number on my CV and online applications for Jobs and it costs (above the standard rate) employers to call me to update me on my applications then may be reluctant to call me?

Would you advise I complement my EE SIM with a local SIM (in another handset) to receive calls from locals?

Hope you can help.

Thanks,

Niraj

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Niraj_g,

Welcome to the EE Community.

As mentioned earlier in the conversation, calls from Australian numbers to a UK mobile in Australia would be classed as an international call.

Hope this helps.

James

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.