by Stevie980
Visitor

Will my usual plan still work without charge in northern cyprus

I’m going to northern Cyprus soon and it showed my plan will still work in Cyprus but I’m not sure about northern cyprus and I was wondering if it will charge me to make calls, text, etc.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Will my usual plan still work without charge in northern cyprus

Hi, @Stevie980

North Cyprus is essentially Turkey which is outside the EU roaming entitlement you have with EE. You could try and manually selecting a network if you are near the border, if not then best consider an add on. 

From 15th June 2017 all plans include roaming in Austria, Azores, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Canary Islands, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, French Guyana, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Guadeloupe, Guernsey, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Isle of Man, Italy, Jersey, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Madeira, Malta, Martinique, Mayotte, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Reunion Islands, Romania, San Marino, Saint Martin (French), Saint Barthelemy, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Vatican City (Italy). 

New Max Plans from the 10th May 2017 include the above plus Australia, Canada, Mexico, New Zealand and USA.

Note: Turkey (you may connect to a Turkish network in Northern Cyprus) and Andorra are not included in the EE Europe Zone.

You can find out the roaming cost and add ons here.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
2 REPLIES 2
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Hi, @Stevie980

North Cyprus is essentially Turkey which is outside the EU roaming entitlement you have with EE. You could try and manually selecting a network if you are near the border, if not then best consider an add on. 

From 15th June 2017 all plans include roaming in Austria, Azores, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Canary Islands, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, French Guyana, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Guadeloupe, Guernsey, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Isle of Man, Italy, Jersey, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Madeira, Malta, Martinique, Mayotte, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Reunion Islands, Romania, San Marino, Saint Martin (French), Saint Barthelemy, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Vatican City (Italy). 

New Max Plans from the 10th May 2017 include the above plus Australia, Canada, Mexico, New Zealand and USA.

Note: Turkey (you may connect to a Turkish network in Northern Cyprus) and Andorra are not included in the EE Europe Zone.

You can find out the roaming cost and add ons here.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by
EE Community Support Team

Welcome to the community, @Stevie980.

I hope @Northerner's reply has answered your question.

Let us know if you need some more help. Otherwise, have an amazing time. 🙂

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.