by Greensmith580
Visitor

Will my account get charged to divert incoming uk calls to a USA phone number?

I'm currently living in the USA for 6 months. I have 2 iPhones with me, one with my uk ee number, one with my new USA number. If I setup call forwarding on my uk phone, will my ee account be charged any fee for doing so?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Profile closed
Not applicable
Solution

Re: Will my account get charged to divert incoming uk calls to a USA phone numbe

Hello @Greensmith580 yes your EE phone will be charged for forwarding calls to any numbers that are not included in your allowances (none standard UK numbers). 🙂

4 REPLIES 4
by Profile closed
Not applicable
Solution

Re: Will my account get charged to divert incoming uk calls to a USA phone numbe

Hello @Greensmith580 yes your EE phone will be charged for forwarding calls to any numbers that are not included in your allowances (none standard UK numbers). 🙂

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi,

@Greensmith580

You would be charged for diverting calls at the Roaming rate.

Charges depending on your price plan. 

Many Thanks 

by
EE Community Support Team

Welcome to the community @Greensmith580.

As @Profile closed and @tahirmian have advised this would be charged depending on your price plan.

Please see our Roaming information for costs 🙂

Thanks very much!

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Hi @Greensmith580,

As advised, yes you will be charged.

I can suggest another solution. There is a voicemail app called Fusion Voicemail Plus. If you get it on your phone, you can set all incoming calls to your UK number to be redirected to Fusion's voicemail number (which you will set up through the app as your own mailbox).

The advantage of this is that you can set your own outgoing message to explain to callers you are in the US, and all voicemails will come through as emails to your email address, free of charge. So you can keep your UK phone switched off if you like. 

If you follow this solution, please make sure you divert ALL calls to Fusion voicemail, so that your UK phone does not ring in the US before the call is diverted (this would likely result in charges in your EE account as the call would "come to the US and go back"). Also, once set up, test it to make sure a) it's working and b) you're not getting charged anything extra (if you follow the set up above you should not but just in case).

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.