by Sarah34
Visitor

Will I be charged for using FaceTime whilst in a eu country to uk on free wifi?

Hi I received a FaceTime call from my family from an eu country and they are an EE customer in a pay monthly plan the same as myself. If we are both on free wifi at the time will either person be charged extra?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Will I be charged for using FaceTime whilst in a eu country to uk on free wi

@Sarah34 You will not be charged for this.   Using wifi that is free is not chargeable and wifi has nothing to do with your EE contract (except London Underground if you have it)  especially if it’s free wifi. 

3 REPLIES 3
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Will I be charged for using FaceTime whilst in a eu country to uk on free wi

@Sarah34 You will not be charged for this.   Using wifi that is free is not chargeable and wifi has nothing to do with your EE contract (except London Underground if you have it)  especially if it’s free wifi. 

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Even if you are using cellular data, it's now going to be included in your allowances whilst you are roaming within the EU anyway.

by
EE Employee

Hi @Sarah34 and welcome to the community.

Hope you found the information provided by @Chris_B and @Profile closed of great use.

Many thanks,

Lee​​​​​​​

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.