by Crocket Investigator
Investigator

WiFi Calling Thailand

Hi I have a local AIS dongle for data whilst I’m in Thailand I can now use WiFi calling even in airplane mode.
Is it free to call  if not what are the charges I’m monthly pay unlimited calls .

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Hi, is WiFi calling free when abroad? Get conflicting answers online

@Crocket   wi-Fi calling shouldn’t work abroad if you’ve got it working then the chances are you’re going to be charged roaming with prices for using in Thailand.   And to see the costs have a look at THIS 

wifi calling is a service to give you a signal when you are receiving no or very poor signal and it uses your call allowance but using it in Thailand is still a international call. 

4 REPLIES 4
by Crocket Investigator
Investigator

WiFi calling is working in Thailand via my Thai AIS dongle does any one know if it’s free if not what are the charges POSTED Nov 15th 2019

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Re: WiFi Calling Thailand

Hi @Crocket 

No wifi calling is not free on roaming and you will be charged as standard roaming rates even if you are using wifi calling.

https://ee.co.uk/help/add-ons-benefits-and-plans/call-or-going-abroad/roaming-costs/countries/thaila...

Thanks,

by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

@Crocket   wi-Fi calling shouldn’t work abroad if you’ve got it working then the chances are you’re going to be charged roaming with prices for using in Thailand.   And to see the costs have a look at THIS 

wifi calling is a service to give you a signal when you are receiving no or very poor signal and it uses your call allowance but using it in Thailand is still a international call. 

by Crocket Investigator
Investigator

Hi it works fine in airplane mode so now I’ve turned it off don’t want a big bill

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.