Highlighted
by Bigmedic999 Contributor
Contributor

Why isn’t phone working in Europe .. the app says allow use abroad ?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
EE Community Support Team
Solution

Re: Why isn’t phone working in Europe .. the app says allow use abroad ?

Hi @Bigmedic999

It may be worth asking her to search manually for a network.

What kind of phone is it?

Chris

12 REPLIES 12
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Bigmedic999 : If on contract, did you activate roaming on your EE a/c before you left UK?

Often just rebooting the phone is the simple remedy. Otherwise try logging into your My EE account online & go to Menu / Manage Device / Roaming Abroad and also Call Abroad and Premium rate. They will show as ticked if roaming and calling abroad is activated. If they are not ticked, can you activate these settings?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Contributor

Hi

my friend has the phone interior but it’s in my account and I control the app....I didn’t know she was going abroad and she was already there when she messaged me her phone wasn’t working ... I turned the roaming on here in the uk but her phone still isn’t working in Europe ? Any ideas ? 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

It could take up to 24 hours to activate or you can call EE.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Contributor

Hi , thanks ...its been over 24hrs now but will call EE in morning ....  

do you know if I activate here in the uk on my app that her phone in Europe will activate for roaming ?

thanks for your help 

Andy 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Yes, what you do in MyEE will be applied to the phone wherever it is.

It hasn't been 24 hours since you activated Roaming in MyEE, has it?

Thanks! You're welcome 🙂 ! Glad I could be of assistance.

Contributor

Thank you for your help 

i wilk call ee in morning just to make sure it is activated as she still says it doesn’t work ... she is using WiFi to WhatsApp me ... 

Thanks again 

by Profile closed
Not applicable

@Bigmedic999 what do you mean by "my friend has the phone interior"?

Contributor

it was a typo error ... 

by Profile closed
Not applicable

@Bigmedic999 so what was it meant to be?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

OP, the phone's owner ,is in UK. Friend is using phone in Spain. 

by Profile closed
Not applicable

@Bigmedic999 and @XRaySpeX well now that's cleared up, don't forget that the phone itself will also have its own Roaming setting which must be on, too, in addition to the My EE Settings that @XRaySpeX has already mentioned. On my phone it's in Settings, Network, Mobile Settings, Roaming.

by
EE Community Support Team
Solution

Hi @Bigmedic999

It may be worth asking her to search manually for a network.

What kind of phone is it?

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.