by hannahbyrne
Explorer

Why is US data so high??

I was just wondering if someone from EE could tell me if there is a plan to lower their data cost when in the US. I was there last month and it cost me £4 for 40MB which barely got me a few whatsapp messages to who was supposed to be picking me up at the airport. 

Other networks like 'Three' offer their customers unlimited roaming data in the US as long as its within their monthly plan, I know that they are individual in this but I was wondering if they can do it why cant EE?

4 REPLIES 4
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Why is US data so high??

Hi @hannahbyrne

Thank you for coming to see us in community 🙂

Our data costs for the United States Of America are here if you want to see them.

When you are away, if connected to WiFi you can use data that way to get on the internet, did you try that when you went away?

Thanks

Richard

🙂

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

It all depends on the sort of contract EE has with the carriers over in the US.

Three doesn't have the feel at home plan on every tariff. This is only on their advanced plans. I am on the Three advanced plan after negogiating a very good price when I was due for renewal £12 a month discount isn't bad.

But if I were to pay the full price I'd actually end up paying for something I hardly ever use as you pay for this Feel At Home feature within your monthly tariff.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
by hannahbyrne
Explorer

Yes Richard, I used WIFI, you cant always get to wifi though, for example in JFK airport some of the arriving terminals have no wifi and so this isnt an option and for me on my recent trip I had to pay £4 for 40MB of internet that only gave me the time to send and recieve two texts before that ran out and I was without internet. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @hannahbyrne

The texts you sent where they iMessage ones?

If so, if you send them as SMS messages then they wouldn't use data.

Thank you

Richard

🙂

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.