by aran130711 Investigator
Investigator

Why is EE’s roaming options so poor when compared to Vodafone?

With Vodafone they offer a service called ‘Roam-Further Destination.’ With this service you pay £6 a day to access your entire UK allowance of data, minutes, and text in 104 countries (Not including EU/EEA destination). On EE you have to pay for a limited amount of data, texts and calls separately with data use being charged each day. For example, if I was visiting Morocco it would cost me £10 a day to use 20MB of data (Yes 20MB), and then calls and texts are offered on a monthly package of £10 for 60 minutes of calls and £6 for 100 texts. In total it would cost me £56 to have access to a limited amount of data, calls and texts. Whereas on Vodafone I would have access to my entire UK allowance for just £6 a day. A network the size of EE should be able to offer a service comparable to Vodafone’s ‘Roam-Further Destination’ service.

Thank You.

2 REPLIES 2
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Why is EE’s roaming options so poor when compared to Vodafone?

@aran130711 

Your question is a bit pointless. Bit like why is petrol cheaper at supermarkets than at branded garages. 

EE can sell whatever products they like, you as a consumer can make your choice over what your needs are. If you travel outside the UK/EU then EE maybe don't offer the best product for your needs. 

It may also be that Vodafone take a massive loss by offering this service, which they will pass onto their customers. EE don't want to take this same position with the possible limited customer uptake. 

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by aran130711 Investigator
Investigator

Re: Why is EE’s roaming options so poor when compared to Vodafone?

Thank you for responding

After doing some further research I’ve discovered that Vodafone offers mobile services across the world and have stakes in mobile services in other countries which is probably why they can afford their £6 deal.

I will not be moving from EE as the deal I have with them is too good.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.