by Bertybuoy
Explorer

Why have I been charged to make calls and picture messages to Malta?

I have been charged for making calls and sending picture messages to Malta, but my contract gives me free minutes, texts and data across Europe... why?

Also, can I call a UK mobile phone from my UK mobile phone in Malta free of charge?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Why have I been charged to make calls and picture messages to Malta?

Because you are calling a non-UK no. from the UK. You are not roaming when you do so. They count as International calls & are chargeable.

International calls & texts to overseas nos. from UK can be rather expensive but EE has a free add-on that anyone, on PAYG or contract, can apply for to give these calls & texts at a fraction of the standard rates. See The Free CALL ABROAD Add-on for Cheap Calls/Texts from UK .

You are charged for Picture Msgs (MMS) anyway. They are not included in your allowances.

Calling a UK no. wherever it is in the world from the UK is included in your allowances, just the same as if it was still in UK.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Because you are calling a non-UK no. from the UK. You are not roaming when you do so. They count as International calls & are chargeable.

International calls & texts to overseas nos. from UK can be rather expensive but EE has a free add-on that anyone, on PAYG or contract, can apply for to give these calls & texts at a fraction of the standard rates. See The Free CALL ABROAD Add-on for Cheap Calls/Texts from UK .

You are charged for Picture Msgs (MMS) anyway. They are not included in your allowances.

Calling a UK no. wherever it is in the world from the UK is included in your allowances, just the same as if it was still in UK.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Bertybuoy
Explorer

Thank you... now I really understand exactly what is meant by roaming! At no point was that explained to me when I was discussing roaming in the shop. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Thanks! You're welcome :)! Glad I could be of assistance & it is now sorted.

You are roaming only when you are abroad.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Bertybuoy  Just to add all MMS are chargeable they do not form part of your contract. 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.