by Struan Investigator
Investigator

Why has roaming network access in Menorca stopped working?

10 REPLIES 10
by
EE Employee

Re: Why has roaming network access in Menorca stopped working?

Hi @Struan and welcome to the community.

So I can try and help, please may I get you to perform a manual network search and choose a network other than what you are on.

iPhone: Go to Settings > Carrier and turn off Automatic. Wait until available networks appear, which might take two minutes. Tap the carrier that you want.

Android: Open the Settings menu >Tap More > Mobile Networks > Carrier and turn off Automatic. Wait until available networks appear, which might take two minutes. Tap the carrier that you want

Please, also can I get you to try and dial a friend or family member using the format of 00447********* and try using data. 

Did this work?

Many thanks,

Lee

by Struan Investigator
Investigator

Based on similar but older posts I have already done all of the above several times. plus restarting of course. And shutting off 4G. But the networks that show up won't register .

by
EE Employee

Hi @Struan

Have you been able to use your phone whilst you have been in Menorca?

Many thanks,

Lee

by Struan Investigator
Investigator

Until last week yes. 

And then as I flew into Menorca today, the network briefly worked as we were landing and then stopped again. No matter where I was on the island (all in areas that previously had coverage) .note that I started this morning in Dublin (no issues with civeeage) and went through Barcelona (no issues there either) .So it would seem to be an issue with the Menorca networks specifically .

by
EE Employee

Hi @Struan

Are you aware of anyone else on EE having issues?

Many thanks,

Lee

by Struan Investigator
Investigator

I am not aware of any other current EE users with issues in Menorca, so I cannot cross reference. I do note the repeated historical issues in the chat groups. 

by
EE Employee

Hi @Struan 

Are you able to receive calls/texts?

Many thanks,

Lee

by actionmendes
Explorer

Me and my partner are "stranded" in menorca with no signal at all..

by actionmendes
Explorer

It's day 4 now work no network and the only successfull contact with EE was through Facebook but they keep telling us to soak with tech support.

The chat window when you login on the EE page only popped out yesterday. Today nothing..

I've tried manual network search but they're all blocked and I've got roaming on the phone and on my EE account.. 

It's ridiculous and a breach of contract

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi and welcome to the community, @actionmendes.

I hope you're having a lovely time in Menorca despite this problem with your phone. 🙂

Could you please try turning off 4G and turning the phone off and back on again?

When you're logging into your My EE account, are you doing it on a PC or through the phone on WiFi? 

We recommend doing it on a desktop/laptop browser. Also, the chat function is for EE pay monthly customers only.

Let me know if either of those steps help.

Thanks

Chris

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.