by Gastrix Contributor
Contributor

Why has my mobile data stopped working in Spain on my pay as you go

Why has my mobile data has stopped working on my pay as you go. I live in Spain and I havent had any problems for the past 4 months.  

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Why has my mobile data stopped working in Spain on my pay as you go

Which pack do you have? Has it data left? Text AL to 150 to see remaining allowances.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
13 REPLIES 13
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Which pack do you have? Has it data left? Text AL to 150 to see remaining allowances.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Gastrix Contributor
Contributor

Hi I still have 3.5gb left of my data
by Gastrix Contributor
Contributor

Why has my data stoppedworking in spain. I am on a pay as you go. I have 3.5gb

Hi, I pay £20 each month for a pack on pay as you go. I get 1500 mins unlimted text and 4gb of data. I have een living in Spain for 4 and a half months with no problems until yesterday when my data stopped working. I still have 1200 mins and 3.5gb of data left. Can anyone help

by Gastrix Contributor
Contributor

• Hi, I pay £20 each month for a pack on pay as you go. I get 1500 mins unlimted text and 4gb of data. I have een living in Spain for 4 and a half months with no problems until yesterday when my data stopped working. I still have 1200 mins and 3.5gb of data left. Can anyone help
by Gastrix Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I pay £20 each month for a pack on pay as you go. I get 1500 mins unlimted text and 4gb of data. I have een living in Spain for 4 and a half months with no problems until yesterday when my data stopped working. I still have 1200 mins and 3.5gb of data left. Can anyone help

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Re: Why has my data stoppedworking in spain. I am on a pay as you go. I have 3.5

EU roaming isn't deisgned for long term use though.

I suspect EE have blocked your roaming now because of this.

Not sure about PAYG, but for pay monthly, you can only roam upto a maximum of 60 days in any 120 day period.  In between that your handset has to connect to your 'home' network i.e. EE in your case back in the UK at least once.

I don't know, but I suspect the same applies to PAYG EU roaming as well?

Time limited restrictions where put in place on all carriers in all countries to prevent people from constantly buying roaming from other EU carriers in other countries to use for general use in a different country when the EU roaming regulations came in last year.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Why has my data stoppedworking in spain. I am on a pay as you go. I have 3.5

@Gastrix: There's no need to keep posting the same Q. It won't get answered any quicker & is against Community Guidelines.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Your data doesn't work but can you still call or text?

by Gastrix Contributor
Contributor

Hi Mark, I apologise for repeating the same message. The messages didnt
seem to go so I resent them.
by
EE Employee

Hi @Gastrix and welcome to the community.

So I can try and help, please may I get you to perform a manual network search and choose a network other than what you are on.

Please, also can I get you to try and dial a friend or family member using the format of 00447********* and try using data. 

Did this work?

Many thanks,

Lee

by Gastrix Contributor
Contributor

Hi, thanks for the information. I asked in the ee shop what would be the
best option for me in Spain. They told me I would be ok on pay as you go
and that I could choose what package I wanted each month
by Gastrix Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Lee, its working now 👍
by
EE Employee

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.