by Evee1 Investigator
Investigator

Why do roaming data bundles expire after 24 hours?

Hi, new here! Just wondering why roaming bundles expire after 24 hours and not until you’ve used up the data you’ve bought. 250mb would last me a few days. £6 a day is very expensive, especially if you’re going for 2 weeks!! Doesn’t make sense to me. 

6 REPLIES 6
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Why do roaming data bundles expire after 24 hours?

Depends where you are & which roaming data add-on.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Evee1,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Are you using the Travel Data Pass?

Which country are you in?

Thanks

James

by Evee1 Investigator
Investigator

Hi James,

i will be going to India. It looks like I can buy data but it expires after 24 hours so it’s a daily limit. I will only need the data to check messages so won’t use over 10-15mb a day. It shouldn’t expire after 24 hours, it should expire when you’ve used it up. Seems more like EE are ripping you off by forcing you to buy data everyday even though you don’t use it up. 

Thanks,

by

Hi @Evee1,

The Travel Data Pass is designed so you only have to pay for the days you need a mobile data connection, so if you don’t use any, you won’t pay a penny.

Don't forget, you'll be able to pick up your messages when you are connected to hotel WiFi etc.

James

by Evee1 Investigator
Investigator

Thanks James. I’d still rather pay for the data I use. I would prefer to buy an add on, say 500mb of data, which lasts for a month. Even a week would be better. I don’t see why they expire after 24 hours. I will be doing a lot of traveling so won’t have access to WiFi.  I will need data everyday but will be using very less. I will be forced to spend £6 a day on data I will not use up within 24 hours. Seems like a rip off to me. I would love if they had an add on which would last you for a week at least. Even pay per MB at a reasonable rate. 

Thanks for your replies. 🙂 

by

Thanks for your feedback @Evee1

I'll pass this over to our roaming team for you.

James

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.