by Ashleagh Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Why couldn't I call Lithuanian mobile nos in Lithuania and UK

I was on all inclusive contract for two years and it has just expired. I am willing to stay with another EE contract but there were severe issues with the last one. I have been with EE for about 15 years or more and I do feel let down. Two years ago I told EE that I would be abroad (Lithuania) frequently looking after my mother with severe old age issues. I would be visiting the UK, too. I got my Samsung and the contract buit very soon I discovered that I could not make any phone calls to Lithuanian mobile numbers neither in Lithuania nor even from the UK itself. The problem has been persisting for two years and cost me a lot of money. Why did it happen to me? I know many other people DID NOT have this issue. I contacted EE many times and acted on their in.tructions but the situation was not remedied. Is it some random punishemnt for some numbers? Looking at various posts I could see that this problem existed at least since 2012. I need answers and explanations and will not stop until I get them. Thank you.

40 REPLIES 40
by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Re: Why couldn't I call Lithuanian mobile nos in Lithuania and UK

Hi @Ashleagh does your contract include calls to other countries?  There are so many different mobile tariffs and some include calls just to eu countries and some to many others worldwide.  It’s best to give EE a call on 150 from your mobile to check what calls you can make and if need be upgrade your plan to include these.  

Valued Contributor

Thank you for your reply. It is all inclusive. I contacted EE numerous times and went down every venue. Checked, changed networks, restarted, rebooted, you name it, I did it. Looking at EE answers and various other posts the reply has been "for commercial reasons". What is "commercial reasons"? Is it random contracts that whoever applies those "commercial reasons" does it? If this problem has been known since 2012, why not every EE emplyee knows about it and does not inform their customers that this is what may happen when you change the contract? If I changed my number - would the problem go away? I shall definitely be searching for answers.

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@Ashleagh, Have you tried dialling +44 or 0044 with the number or whatever the prefix is for that country, I just gave you the UK one, but sometimes by changing the way you dial the prefix can remedy this?

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @Ashleagh

Thanks for coming to the community.

Calls to Lithuania from the UK or whilst in the country to Lithuanian numbers are currently barred.

We currently don't have any time scales on when this will be lifted. 

It is possible to make calls while roaming, however, if you are roaming on a branded network calls will still be barred.

Thanks. Leanne.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Ashleagh  Can I just ask has International and premium rate numbers been enable within your EE online account settings ?  This needs to be enable to call out of the UK and it needs to be enabled so you can call back to the UK. 

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@Leanne_T Can you answer why they are barred? What is the reason for this?

by

Hi there @Schockwave.

From time to time we need to temporarily suspend connectivity with networks abroad, normally for reasons beyond our control.

We do work hard with the country in question to resolve this as quickly as we can, but at the moment, there is no timescale as to when the bar in Lithuania will be lifted.

Leanne.

Valued Contributor

Oh yes, I have. As I said - it's something to do with some "commercial
reasons". What are they?

Virus-free.
www.avg.com

<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>
by

Hi @Ashleagh

From time to time we need to temporarily suspend connectivity with networks abroad, normally for reasons beyond our control.

We do work hard with the country in question to resolve this as quickly as we can, but at the moment, there is no timescale as to when the bar in Lithuania will be lifted.

Leanne.

Valued Contributor

Thanks, Chris. How to do that?

Virus-free.
www.avg.com

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Who or what gave you an answer that it was for "commercial reasons"? You earlier said it was some post. We wouldn't know what you are referring to & so couldn't say what they are other than what @Leanne_T told you about calling Lithuania.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Valued Contributor

Hi Leanne, thanks for that. But this problem has persisted since 2012 at least. If I explained to the EE salesmaen that I would need the numbers for a particular country which you say EE has been working with to reslove the issues, why wasn't I told about it? I paid the money for non-existant service. Why are other people's phones working in Lithuania then? Should I have changed the nymber? 

Valued Contributor

Thanks, Spex. The problem started very soon after my contract started in  the beginning of 2016, though not immediately, I was given that "commercial reasons" answer soon after I started making enquiries and it never went away. Even at this very moment I cannot make phoneclls to mobile numbers in Lithuania from my phone though my daughter who is also on EE - can.

Valued Contributor

Dear Leanne, it's a very vague answer. Could you elaborate, please?

Valued Contributor

Please kindly explain what this sentence mean: It is possible to make calls while roaming, however, if you are roaming on a branded network calls will still be barred.

So what to do then? What is a non-branded network?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Leanne_T wrote:

It is possible to make calls while roaming

But not to Lithuania as you say earlier?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Valued Contributor

An EE employee on the phone gave me that answer in May 2017. Later on I
found on the internet that other people were given this answer, too.

Virus-free.
www.avg.com

Valued Contributor

Thank you to all the community trying to find some answers for me. I would like to provide some more details about that unfortunate contract that has just expired but I am still looking for answers. So I had to go to Lithuania to look after my 82-year-old diabetic mother with dementia. Due to her age and the severity of her problems I could not bring her over to this country to live with me. I needed a phone very badly and thought EE appreciated my loyalty and would never let me down. Lo and behold, I was charged on average 40 pounds a month with 30 important Lithuanian telephone numbers and various services and doctors inaccessible. How can this issue have no answer and why couldn't a customer be warned or a termination of the contract suggested when I was not getting a vital service?

Valued Contributor

Hi Leanne,

do you think it's ethical to charge a customer 40 pounds a month for two
years and not to try to solve the problem thinking out of the box? Is it
happening to all EE telephone numbers or just random ones. please? Would
changing my number help?

Virus-free.
www.avg.com

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.