Make your house a smart home - with help from EE
by spabbotson
Explorer

Why could my son not text from Italy

My son was in Italy last week and was unable to text home. He tried to text ROAMING to 150 but that also failed. Why would this be? Data roaming was turned on.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Why could my son not text from Italy

He needed to have texted ROAMING well before he left home, to get roaming enabled on his a/c.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number 020 7362 0200 or Freephone 0800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
4 REPLIES
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

He needed to have texted ROAMING well before he left home, to get roaming enabled on his a/c.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number 020 7362 0200 or Freephone 0800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
by spabbotson
Explorer

Thanks.

Do you need to refresh this periodically, or does it stay activated forever?
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi and welcome to the community @spabbotson

It does sound like roaming was not enabled on your son's account before he left for Italy.

Please pop over to our guide on getting your phone ready to use abroad.

Many thanks,

Lee

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hello @spabbotson roaming and call abroad/premium rate should only need to be enabled once.

The account holder can check if they are by logging in to My EE online and navigating to My EE Mobile>Manage device.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.