by Bshiels83 Investigator
Investigator

Why can't I use my call plan in the USA when I was advised I could on ee Max ?

I have an ee Max plan and have been advised that all I have to do is switch to a local network and I'm ready to go. Yet I've landed into Orlando and can't use my plan!! 

6 REPLIES 6
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Why can't I use my call plan in the USA when I was advised I could on ee Max

Did you take out your EE Max Plan after 10 May 2017?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Why can't I use my call plan in the USA when I was advised I could on ee Max

@Bshiels83? Did you enable roaming on your account before you left the UK ?   

Investigator

Yeah I called them beforehand and they said I was fine to go but it doesn't work. It's a Max plan and was advised USA mecixo and some other countries included but yet it won't let me call home. I was with three before and never had any issues 

Investigator

I took it out 2 weeks ago before the plan changed. The Max plan then included USA mecixo and some other countries too on top of eu 

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@Bshiels83 If you took it out a few weeks before 10th May, it won't include USA, and you would have to add the travel data pass for the USA. Other data-ons are available too

Are you able to connect to ATT or T-Mobile, and reach http://add-on.ee.co.uk/ ? This would show that roaming is working at least.

If you can't call home though it suggests you still have a bar on your account.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hello there @Bshiels83

Thanks for coming to the community.

Can you receive calls and texts?

Do any other networks work for you?

Speak soon, Leanne.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.