Investigator

Why can’t I use all my data abroad

7 REPLIES 7
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Re: Why can’t I use all my data abroad

Hello @Paintbrush ,

Welcome to the community,

Simple answer, because that is what EE have allowed, as you are in another country. You can usually use wifi in other countries, for free, although some may charge, especially if high usage. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Paintbrush 

If you are in the EU you can use your data as at home. Outside the EU is dependent on your tariff and location.

Log into your on line account and then Menu - Manage Device - make sure you have activated roaming and international calls.
Or
From the MyEE app Current Usage - Controls - activate use phone abroad and make international and premium calls

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Paintbrush Investigator
Investigator

Thanks for the replies. I have 50GB but have just been told I can only use 15GB while away, I’m sure I will go over this while sat by the pool so don’t understand why I can’t have all my 50GB. My friends who are on different networks can apparently!

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@Paintbrush , You are correct it is 15GB abroad, it does not matter how much you have available while in the UK. 

What do you intend to do while sat around the pool? I never understand people needing to use phone or tablet sat around the pool. There is such a thing as having conversations or just enjoying the lovely weather. You could always download something before going to the pool so that you can read or watch something without having to use any internet, until back where you can hook up to wifi.

We cannot answer for different networks or why EE only allow 15GB, you could ask why though, by ringing EE, if they can give you an answer.

by Paintbrush Investigator
Investigator

I think I’m more annoyed at the prospect of going over the 15GB and then being charged when I have 50GB sitting there. I will be enjoying the weather but since my husband died I will be holidaying alone so won’t be indulging in much conversation I’m afraid! I will try downloading though

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@Paintbrush , Sorry to hear about your husband, but hope you have a lovely holiday and enjoy the sun, you may find that you will be able to make conversation with people, where are you going?

I go alone on holiday and actually enjoy it, as I can do what I want and go where I want etc, and still have conversations with people.

It is a good idea to download stuff you want to watch or listen to, then there is no worries of going over the 15GB, and hotels, cafes and restaurants etc., usually offer free wifi, so you should be ok.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Paintbrush   The 15GB will be part of the agreement that EE has with the roaming network.  If you look at other networks they all have there own limits.  

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.