by adamjanes Contributor
Contributor

Why can’t I make calls or send texts from Greece back to the UK?

Read more
Hi there. I’m currently in Greece on holiday and I’ve noticed that any text messages I send to the UK aren’t delivered. Furthermore, when I try to call a UK mobile number, I get a voice saying ‘the number you have dialed is not accessible from your mobile phone’. 

Any help would be great.

Thanks
11 REPLIES 11
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Why can’t I make calls or send texts from Greece back to the UK?

@adamjanes: Did you activate roaming on your MyEE a/c before you left? Presumably not. Having a roaming allowance does not auto enable it. You may still be able to in your online a/c under Manage Device. If not, you will need to call EE. Use the landline nos. in my sig.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning @adamjanes

Thanks for coming to the community.

Have you been able to activate this within your My EE account?

To do this can you log into your My EE account online and go to Menu > Manage Device > Roaming and also call abroad and premium rate calls

If they are both not showing as ticked, can you activate them within your My EE?

This can take up to 24 hours to update for you. 

Let me know how you get on.

by adamjanes Contributor
Contributor

Hi there, thanks for the reply.

Roaming abroad is allowed but call abroad and premium rate is not allowed. At the top of the page it says ‘your account holder is able to change these settings’. I know who the account holder is, so how would they be able to change them? Thanks once again.

by

Hi there @adamjanes

Thanks for coming back to me.

Are you the account holder?

If not, they can log into their My EE account and set this up for you.

Thanks, Leanne.

by adamjanes Contributor
Contributor

Will the account holder definitely have a my EE account?

by

Hi @adamjanes,

If the account holder hasn't registered for My EE, they can register here.

Our customer service team would also be happy to help.

Thanks

James

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@James_B: How's it work? Can 2 users have separate MyEEs (with diff usernames) holding the same mobile no?

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by adamjanes Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply @James_B. Unfortunately, the account holder can't access their emails this week, so would this be a problem when setting up a my EE account? Pretty sure you may have to  verify an email address? Thanks again

by

I don't think they can for the same number, @XRaySpeX.

It's likely that there is another number set up on the account that is registered as the account holder.

@adamjanes - I've sent you a private message to get some more information from you.

Please have a look and get back to me.

Chris

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Christopher_G: So, how's it work? If the a/c holder has another no. set up on the same a/c, can't the OP login as the a/c holder? It's the same login.

by

I've had a look into this. It's one login in for all on the account, @XRaySpeX.

If the user has access to the account, and the bill payer's (account holder) permission, they should be able to change the number to 'bill payer' through customer services.

If there is another number on the account that was previously the 'bill payer' that may change to 'user' as a consequence.

This would restrict access to information on the app for that number.

Hope this makes sense.

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.